Petco premiom marine salt mix?

mantid

I know Petco is not the best place to shop when it comes to reef stuff. I did find some "Petco premiom marine salt mix" for only $45/bucket. Does anyone know if it's any good. I was reading alot about different marine salts and it seems that most are very comparible so I wasn't sure if this might be an option. I know everyone has there own brands that they like to stick to but Im more asking about the quality of this specific brand. I don't know if they just came out with it or if nobody really has tested it because I can't find anything about it on the internet.

Last edited:

lcstorc

I've never heard of it.
Since Petco doesn't do much with saltwater I would think it is another brand re-labeled. The question is What brand?
Really the only way to know would be to buy some and test it. Be sure to mix for 24+ hours and check calcium, alk, mag as well as amonia etc. Ideally you would also test for things like iodide and stronium as well as other trace elements.

morrowss

I once bought a 5 gall bucket of petco salt.....when i opened it the salt was in separate bags and rock hard....i've mixed and waited 24 hours after keeping it sturred and alot of it never dissolved ...i hated it....still have the rest in my garage for emergencies