personallywould you rather have a 28g Biocube, or a 55g set-up?

which one?

• 28g Bio Cube

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 55g current set-up

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • sell your tank, and dont buy a new one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • im too cool to vote :)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

new reefer 03

some of you might remember me.. lol. i currently have a 55g set up with a oscellaris clownfish, tribal blenny, and six line wrasse. i also have alot of coraline covered rocks, a few different types of corals, and obviously sand.

were moving to a house we're building in late april / early may, making it a good time to think about changing tanks. my dad found a 28g Bio cube for $299, and thought it was a good deal. he said if i wanted it, he'd get it for me.

so the question is would you rather have a 28g, or a 55g? im not sure which i would rather have. i like having the 55g incase i want bigger fish later, but the 28g is easier to take care of, and looks better.
you should say why and what you voted for :)

Wijic

I'd vote 55g. I'd rather have the room and longer tanks allow a lot more swim space for the fish. Cubes are aesthetically pleasing for our eyes, but fish don't make much use of vertical space.

silva218

I would say stay with the bigger tank, or get a red sea max tank. I'm not really a biocube 29 fan. Just about all of the stock parts are junk, my lights fully burnt out in 6 weeks, the bioballs are useless, the sponge is a pain to clean, the activated charcoal that sits inbetween chamber 1 and 2 is expensive, and you have to have the tank completely level or the whole tanks overflow is screwed up.

new reefer 03

thanks guys! i was thinkng the same thing, but i havent been taking the best care of it lately so i thought a bio cube might be easier. hopefully i can get a 75g with a sump, and nice lights and make a huge upgrade when i can start working. :)

and you 2 people who were too cool to vote, you still voted :lol: