PC Nerds Need Help

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
OK, I'm suppose to be kinda one but have never seen this before and it is kinda rare so I'm told. My cable company says it is not the line, the modem or the Ethernet but the PC "Internal Server". The cable guy doe not know what really causes this but say this..........

What happens. I'm here I can be here all day and no issue. I can usually go to other forums I've been on today and no issue. However, if I go to any of my favorites links it says Could not locate remote server Yet how can that be when I'm here or are RS posting with no issue. If I wait a few minutes then the links work. But sooner or later it is back to the same Could not locate remote server when I try a new link.

I'm told that the "internal server is letting out and taking in stored cache and is why I can be here. Hit a new website website without any real stored cache = Could not locate remote server then somehow it fixes its self for awhile and all website work. Once I get to a any website I can pretty much do anything on that site for as long a I want but again go to a new websiteCould not locate remote server. I have tried everything I know of. This started on Wednesday. Rebooting , unplugging modem or other tricks I know of do not work. I'm wondering going to a " Systems Restore Point" from say Monday would fix this. Even my-e-mail seems to act up from this "can't find server".

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well Boomer I saw nothing in your log that should do this. I was SURE it would be apparent there. Sorry bro!!

Jason25

Boomer, have you tried reconfiguring you IP? If it is a DNS problem it might help. Go to run window and type in "cmd exe." after that type in "ipconfig" and let it do it's thing, see if that works.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Did you guys see my other post on General Discussion thread :) It has been fixed.

j, Jason and Carl I did all that suff and they did nothing. It had something to do with that phone as far as I can tell

Carl, I have them all and it made not difference. When I unplugged the phone and then rebooted the phone usb device and the PC all went away and only that made it go away. All other tricks failed.