Parrotfish ID please

Cougra

I was at the LFS recently and was able to take a photo of a fish I haven't seen before. I believe that it's a type of parrotfish but I don't know enough about that group to properly ID it. I know that juveniles and adults have different colouration which makes it a lot harder to ID. I really hope that you can help me out with this one.

This individual is about 6 inches in length, has a dark blue body with creamy/yellow markings. I wish I could have got a better photo but the fish wasn't very settled in the tank.

DSCF2247.jpg

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

mps9506

Hard to see in the picture, but it almost looks more like Thalassoma jansenii to me. If it is indeed a parrotfish it looks like something in the genus Scarus, I'm not very familiar with parrotfish though...

Cougra

I know what you mean about Parotfish. When I was at the store it did look like it had a beak but it was really hard to study it since it was constantly on the move. I hope to go back in the next few days to try to get a better photo as well but since it was a store it may not even be there next time.

Cougra

LOL Trust me I have been! I've looked at so many pictures I'm sick of looking at pictures and have resorted to asking for help because they are all starting to look the same and very different at the same time!