Overnite coral shipment not arriving

eaze333

Hi all,
just checking to see if anyone has had any positive experiences with their overnite shipment not arriving as scheduled. I ordered a few nice mini colonies of acropora, and a chalice frag and for whatever technical difficulties Fedex had, the package hasn't arrived. So, in anticipation that it will arrive tomorrow, what are the odds of survivial due to the cold etc.? If the corals look OK, is there any other special care to be had other than the standard acclimation process to try to ensure survivial?

Any thoughts,experiences, or advice is appreciated.
Thanks!!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Same slow acclimation. Just hope they used a 48 hr heat pack or two. Contact the seller.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

ChrisY

I threw out the heat packs that came in my package from JJ on tuesday today, they were still running warm.

eaze333

it was a problem with Fedex. I did contact the seller and I know they will take care of it if need be. It just stinks because the seller made a special effort to find me a particular acro I had been looking for. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I usually run 40 hour heat packs but also sometimes use 60 or 72 hour packs in very cold weather. If they used good heat packs you still have a good chance of being ok.

eaze333

corals arrived. Time to acclimate and see how things turn out in few days

acropora sarmentosa
IMAG0144.jpg

Ultra pink tip stag
IMAG0143.jpg

Hot Lava chalice
IMAG0145.jpg

eaze333

They didn't smell good. It wasn't that real bad smell of dead coral.... a little worse than the usual coral smell.

catran

I think SPS smells nasty all of the time. I think it's the slime coat they produce out of water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD