OT: Let's SAVE Windows XP

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Your Mileage May Vary...

(easy disclaimer saying what works for me, may NOT work for YOU...)

:lol: I knew it meant "Your Mileage May Vary" to some but for the LIFE of me I couldn't get it to apply here. Now it makes PERFECT sense!

Would it be fair to call that a "BoomerD-ism" ?

I like it :)

BoomerD

Al, there are quite a few "Boomerd-ism's" floating around teh intarwebs...

I bumped this back up, because as I write this, (on my XP Pro laptop) I'm in the process of installing Vista Ultimate on my desktop.
So far, the only issues I've had are that my old Soundblaster Live! sound card won't work and there seem to be on work-arounds that actually work for me...but, my motherboard has on-board sound that does work, so I can get by until I break down and buy a new sound card. (I've wanted one for a long time anyway)
Several of my old games aren't vista-compatible, BUT, I MIGHT be able to get them to run in "XP Compatible" mode...MAYBE.
The whole "ask permission" thing is kind of a PITA, but, every new OS has it's "not-so-nice' features.
I like the look of Vista, and so far, it works flawlessly.

CATALYST

Al, there are quite a few "Boomerd-ism's" floating around teh intarwebs...

I bumped this back up, because as I write this, (on my XP Pro laptop) I'm in the process of installing Vista Ultimate on my desktop.
So far, the only issues I've had are that my old Soundblaster Live! sound card won't work and there seem to be on work-arounds that actually work for me...but, my motherboard has on-board sound that does work, so I can get by until I break down and buy a new sound card. (I've wanted one for a long time anyway)
Several of my old games aren't vista-compatible, BUT, I MIGHT be able to get them to run in "XP Compatible" mode...MAYBE.
The whole "ask permission" thing is kind of a PITA, but, every new OS has it's "not-so-nice' features.
I like the look of Vista, and so far, it works flawlessly.

You'll invent all kinds of new words in the next week. I finally gave at the office and bought a mac. I have never been so productive in my life.

CATALYST

It's not about cool. It's about sanity. Just ask my husband. I'll a whole new enjoyable person again. The mac does run XP so I can still regress.

BoomerD

That's a friend's page...He took many of the things I told him and called them BoomerD-isms...then made a webpage for them.
(whodah is an occasional member here)