OT: Impossible question

funkpolice

not what I was looking for, but if you can rationalize it to my liking I guess it could work. Here's a little help, This woman would be found in a circus.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
my guess she had her head in the piano tuning it while he played, when he jumped up, make piano lid fall on her... one big piano, with one big lid ??? makes since to me lol

funkpolice

well, I'll give it to tektite, reasonably close. the answer was a tight rope walker. Back in the good ole days, tight rope walkers did it blind folded, and without a net. When the music stopped that was their sign that they could step off the rope safely.
bill

funkpolice

hmm, I wonder what you could do with a hammer in one hand, and a saw in the other. I suppose you could shorten the hammer handle.
bill

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the parachute in the 1600's for entertainment purposes. However, it was reinvented in the late 1700's and it was eventually used for the military.

Thank you, Modern Marvels!

tektite

I was referring to the reinvention in the late 1700's - 1783 to be exact. That's when it was used, not just a drawing.

Still need to answer what the original purpose was :)

That's the hard part of the question. Not cliffs, not military.