OT:Heliuxs new Venting Thread

Heliux

Not putting it out that bobs is not a good venting thread but i feel we deserve another so people can be heard. So many people comment on bob's thread that its hard to keep up, So here is another chance for people to be heard if they want to vent about something. Ill go first...

I had a 9 year old girl come into work today and asked where the live sand was, so i showed her where we kept our saltwater products and she picked up the small bag of live sand and looked it over. She said "So what makes this so much more special than those bags over there" as she pointed to the fake pebble bags. I told her that this sand has a lot of the same bio-bacteria that is in the sand you find in the ocean, making your saltwater tank that much more lifelike and not to mention a lot healthier. Then she turned to me and said "Thats F***ing bullS***, its just a marketing scam to sell crappy sand you can get at the beach for a lot more". Then i was shocked, i told her that this sand is what i use and ive gotten many advantages out of it because it is still moist and comes with concentrated bacteria bags... She then goes off telling me about everything she knew about saltwater, and how she was going to get a anemone and a nemo fish, how she was going to breed them and make hundreds off the babies. I told her whatever makes her happy and walked away before i kicked her face off... I just hate it when people come in and ask for help and just turn around trying to show you how much they know and try to make themselves seem superior to you for their own amusement...

I hope that if she does get an anemone that she gets a mean carpet that eats her face... Sorry.

So ya thats my angry rant for the day.

Lix

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
you should have told her to take a trip back to the mountains, and crawl BACK INTO THAT CAVE YOU CAME FROM!

Heliux

Lol i wanted to tell her she was born off a crack addiction and a broken condom but i was nice enough to let her figure that out on her own;)

And it just goes back to my 'Petsmart' thread, i usually wouldnt worry to much about a little child trying to top me on saltwater knowledge but with how hard i work on top of that is what makes it tough.

lcstorc

That's why RS exists. So we can all learn. Anytime I run into somebody at an LFS who doesn't know what they are doing, I point them to RS. Several have joined because if it.

Heliux

When people are rude to me its kinda hard to keep a straight face and want to help them further. Im not saying i dont want to help, but i deserve to be talked to a lot nicer.

tippMANn98

I know how you feel heliux, i had a 7 year run at privately owned pet shops, half dogs and half fish(fw & sw) and some reptiles in between. I had my fair share of idiots and jerks and just flat out Rude people, should have just stayed in bed.

tippMANn98

The best thing ever was when:

I was 2 years into a LFS job, we sold ALL sized tanks even the old 2.5 gallons with the 2 glass dividers. WELL, this older gentleman was sooo freakin mad when he broke the tank trying to get the divider in. He tried to return it, I told him it was broken. He said well It broke when I tried to put the divider in, I want to see a manager!!! I am the manager Sir. "Well I want a refund" he exclaims. Im sorry we cannot refund this, he went on and on, "there is no way that this will fit WITHOUT breaking the tank! "i'll show you how I did it, there couldnt be any other way" WOW, Sure, it will break everytime if you try it like that -I said, If you see here on the Directions for the dividers it shows......he says I didnt see any instructions!!! Sir they are right here on the package for the dividers. CASE CLOSED.

It really gets the mad ones by smiling and "Have a nice day sir!!!!"

lcstorc

Kill em with kindness is definitely on my list of ways to deal with jerks. They don't know how to respond to that.

tippMANn98

Kill em with kindness is definitely on my list of ways to deal with jerks. They don't know how to respond to that.

They really dont know how to respond, its really really urks them when you smile through all of the hell they bestow upon you! :laughroll

Intranick

haha... you let a 9 year old get the better of you??

you should see what i do to salespeople in best buy when i get bored :D