OT: good furniture?

kathywithbirds

OY. The little one had an accident. A BIG accident. On the couch. Poor booger is sick, fell asleep for 4 hours and the couch is soaked. Seriously.

I'm trying nature's miracle. The zip covers are in the wash, but the stuffing and frame got it too. I don't know if I'll be able to get this out and it STINKS. Mike is leaning toward a new couch altogether.

Where do you get decent furniture these days? For a decent price? My mom always went to department stores, which is where we got our current sectional.

BarbMazz

Is there an Ikea nearby?

...or, a day outside in the sun can help get rid of that odor, too. Continue to spray with an enzyme cleaner as you are!

BoomerD

Is there an Ikea nearby?

...or, a day outside in the sun can help get rid of that odor, too. Continue to spray with an enzyme cleaner as you are!

Ikea? I thought she asked about GOOD furniture...Ikea and good don't belong in the same sentence...

The last living room furniture we bought, (9 years ago) came from Levitz. All of our couches (and one love seat) are made by Rowe, and are their 8-way hand-tied coil suspension. VERY comfortable and durable. NOT cheap, but IMO, nothing good ever is...

Rowe Furniture

Rowe Furniture

CATALYST

I took mine outside once and took the hose too it. Left it out in the sun for a day. Do the cushions come off?
Jennifer Convertibles, Ikea. Out here they have Jerome's. In Denver they had American Furniture Warehouse.
We just got a new couch and love seat from Lazy Boy...recliners. We had special fabric put on they were about 2800 for both.

PEMfish

Sorry to hear. Did the little one puke on it? If so, you need a new one. The one in the old family vacation house was just barely puked on and 11 years later after all sorts of treatment still stank. It a horrible smell at any strength.

Smithbrothers doesn't have stores that I know of, but are a good brand. Leith is a good place if you can find one out your way, might of all went down though...

KimPossible

I like Ashley too, quality furniture and a good price.... but, your paying for quality furniture, so it's not the least expensive furniture out there.
DONT go to Ethen Allen..... WAY over priced!!!!!!!

SJS

We have Ashley here too - I have a lot of stuff from them. Good stuff, good selection and not bad prices... Ethan (Holy Cow) Allen does have some pretty stuff, but jeez!! I just got a new recliner sofa and 2 recliner chair and a half (think recliner - just bigger) from a local store - but they are made by Lane...

CATALYST

We have Ashley here too - I have a lot of stuff from them. Good stuff, good selection and not bad prices... Ethan (Holy Cow) Allen does have some pretty stuff, but jeez!! I just got a new recliner sofa and 2 recliner chair and a half (think recliner - just bigger) from a local store - but they are made by Lane...

Oh yeah, they did have some fun stuff at Lane too. I almost got our couch there. It was a tough call. Another one is Bassett.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
drop a stogie between the cushions, insurance claims are great, buy leather, dark, cant go wrong

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Ill bet by tomorrow the anti fur and leather pooples will be throwing beet juice at us lol, old leather is just amazing it gets better and better unles its the Corinthian leather Ricard Montelbom used to push for the cordova