OT: Go Unc!!!

jgking21

UNC won, nicely!!! Now on the the ACC Tournament!
Jeremy you going to UNC Wilmington? My girlfriend went to Chapel Hill, that's why I got into them, she's a nut!
I love NC! I lived in Charlotte for 4 years and I'm moving back in less than a month.

mps9506

I was really close to going to Chapel Hill, but I don't think it was the right fit for me. Glad I went to UNC "dub."
Charlotte is a fun place to be, but I'm glad I don't live there anymore. I need the beach to thrive.

jgking21

I've lived in Atlantic Beach, FL for over 20 years of my life. Beach is awesome, but I need some elevation, I love hiking in the mountains! When I need the ocean, I get lost in the tank! Also, any UNC school is better than Dookie or State!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've lived in Atlantic Beach, FL for over 20 years of my life. Beach is awesome, but I need some elevation, I love hiking in the mountains! When I need the ocean, I get lost in the tank! Also, any UNC school is better than Dookie or State!

Sounds like you may need to move to Western NC! I'm WAY up in the Blue Ridge Mountains (aka God's Country).

jgking21

I would love to live in the Mountains, my girlfriend just bought a house in Indian Trail, NC, just outside Charlotte. I'll drive 2 hours into the moutains to go hiking at least every other weekend, also love camping in Cherokee. It truely is God's Country!!!

mps9506

Man, that is a booming area. I think Charlotte is well on it's way to becoming the next Atlanta with the growth of all the cities around Charlotte. I live in the Ballentyne area of Charlotte just off the loop. Charlotte seems like one big city strechinng from Ft. Mill SC to Concord. Before you know it, it will stretch from Rockingham County to Shelby.

jgking21

Yep, Charlotte reminds me of Jacksonville, FL, basically all of Duval County is considered Jacksonville. Union County in NC is the fastest growing county, but they need more fish stores!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I would love to live in the Mountains, my girlfriend just bought a house in Indian Trail, NC, just outside Charlotte. I'll drive 2 hours into the moutains to go hiking at least every other weekend, also love camping in Cherokee. It truely is God's Country!!!

Next time you're up this far let me know. Cherokee is a lovely place indeed. I have close friends from there.

mps9506

Yep, Charlotte reminds me of Jacksonville, FL, basically all of Duval County is considered Jacksonville. Union County in NC is the fastest growing county, but they need more fish stores!

Not much in Mecklinburg County either. NC has some of the best reef keeping groups in the country imo however.... Pretty easy to find people to trade with and used equipment to buy.

jgking21

I plan on looking for groups in the area, can you recommend any?

the only real store is fintastic, and they are way over priced. there is one place north of charlotte, i think it at exit 36 off I-77, they were small but okay stuff.

mps9506

For an enthusiast there isn't much. If you are driving from Fl, I would stop by Fins. He is in Irmo, SC just outside of Columbia and has solid looking livestock and gets better quality stuff than most folks in the state that have a retail location (lots of people running stuff outta their garage or basement in NC/SC it seems.)
In Raleigh you have Reef Science and a few respectable LFS's. Nothing that will blow you away. I know there are a few other interent guys in the area other than Reef Science. Roe's is in Charlotte, Aquarium Specialty has a warehouse in Charlotte, but is based outta Columbia.
Can't think of anyone else at the moment...
Fintastic used to be worth the drive from Wilmington just to check it out, but when they moved they went way up on price (I know their rent must be insane where they are located now), I'm not crazy on their staff anymore either.
Salty's and Scales and Tails (I think that is the name) in the Huntersville area were OK. Had very nice owners, but not great selection.

jgking21

Thanks Mike! I go back and forth from FL to NC alot, I'll definetly check out Fins. Salty's was the one I was thinking of in Huntersville, never saw Scales and Tails.

Al, I'll be heading your way in April for a camping trip with my father!

Thanks for chatting guys, I'll get a chronicle going when I start to set up the new tank!