OT: Favorite Quotes/Sayings!

Kazzy

I remember seeing this done on another forum and it looked fun so here goes nothing!
Here are all of the quotes I have collected(at least the appropiate ones LOL):
Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand. -Peter Griffin
You cannot by reasoning correct a man of ill opinion which by reasoning he never aquired.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You haven't got time to make them all yourself.
Why is this so addicting?
Time is the best teacher...unfortunately it kills all of its students.
The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime.
Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice. Sometimes the best quote is that which is left unsaid. - Nuhtty from Nano-Reef
It always amazes me how smart and brave people are when they're sitting behind a keyboard!
I will work diligently to supply your signature with more zany crap. - Nuhtty
What's popular isn't always right, and what's right isn't always popular...
"Stupidity, I believe, is the no.1 killer of marine organisms in captivity. We can call it "human error" if it makes everyone happier, but it is still ignorance from a lack of information, unverified misinformation or a failure to comply with correct information." - Anthony Calfo
"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
If you love something, set if free. If it comes back, it's dependent on you.
"Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation" -- uncommonly wise fortune cookie
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
OK, so what's the speed of dark?
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice? "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." - Col. David H. Hackworth
"It is good that war is so terrible, else we should become accustomed to it." - Robert E. Lee
"The fear of war is worse than war itself." -Seneca
"This means war!" "I thought it meant touchdown?" - Animaniacs
"WAR : We Are Right" - Chief Elder, Pangaea
Enemy messenger #2:"Our arrows will darken the sun!"
Spartan:"Then we will fight in the shade."
10 years from now people will wonder how the heck we used fluorescent bulbs to keep corals.-Nuhtty
"You are very squishy. So I shall name you squishy. And you shall be my little squishy."--Dory from Finding Nemo "Commit the oldest sins, the newest kind of ways." - William Shakespeare
"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - R. Kennedy
"I am an optimist. But I'm an optimist who takes his raincoat." - Harold Wilson
"The only place where success comes before work is in a dictionary." - Vidal Sassoon
"Woman are meant to be loved, not to be understood". --Oscar Wilde
"If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life." --Tommy Lasorda
"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend". --Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you got". - Garth Brooks
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music". - George Carlin
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." --Jason Kidd
"Ninety percent of the game is half mental." --Jim Wohford "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - after being told he looked cool (Yogi Berra).
"I wasn't the cutest or the most talented, but I could get through the question-and-answer period." [on beauty pageants] -- Oprah Winfrey
"I want a sandwich named after me." -- Jon Stewart "Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn't even the star of his own Halloween special." -- Chris Rock
Sometimes you eat the bar and well,sometimes.....the bar eats you.-The Stranger .
" Apology - the only way of having the last word with a woman.
Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Men forget but never forgive. Women forgive but never forget.
He who lives by the sword laughs last.
Being human is a contact sport.
My reality check just bounced.
How can you be "more than happy?" Sounds like a dangerous mental condition.
Not every thorn has a rose.
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
You are living in a world where lemonade is made from artificial ingredients and furniture polish is made with real lemons. Start worrying...
Women marry men hoping they will change, and men marry women hoping they will remain the same.
If you can buy it at the mall, it ain't "counterculture!"
Sure I'm happy to be alive. I'm just not very happy about being awake!
"The truth is out there? Anyone know the URL?"
"In the beginning there was darkness, and the darkness was without form, and void. And Gates said "Let There Be Light", and there was a General Protection Fault."
"You wouldn't know common sense if it crawled in your nostrils and bred with your boogers." -- The David
You get older, and style usually goes out the window, it's not worth risking it all for style. If I'm fighting for my life out on the battlefield of love, I've hardly got the time to adjust the feather plume on my helmet. -- bug@berkeley So-called 'IQ' scores do not measure intelligence, but a specific kind of stupidity which is, for whatever demented cultural reasons, called 'intelligence,' but which more resembles the dancing of a particularly well- trained monkey. -- Henri Ennui
If an infinite number of rednecks riding in an infinite number of pickup trucks fire an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of highway signs, they will eventually produce all the worlds' great literary works in Braille.
I would not, could not SAVE ON PHONE.
I would not, could not BUY YOUR LOAN.
I would not, could not MAKE MONEY FAST.
I would not, could not SEND NO CA$H.
I would not, could not SEE YOUR SITE.
I would not, could not EAT VEG-I-MITE.
I do_not_like GREEN CARDS AND SPAM!
How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges did not live there?
If you're not living on the razor's edge, you're taking up too much space.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein "If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bugger yourself."
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes
"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... and how many want out." Prime Minister Tony Blair
"God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide Who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go."
One out of every four people is suffering from some form of mental illness. Check three friends. If they're OK, then it's you.
Keep your friends close and your anemones closer. Never be afraid to try something new, afterall, a lone amateur built the Ark, a team of experts built the Titanic.
Oh, Vista is the most compatible OS ever conceived. If we sent it to Iraq there would be peace in the Middle East.
"All living creatures are at their healthiest when they eat live food. Even humans. Doesnt mean we go out and start gnawing a cows neck while its still alive." Tangman
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge... others only gargle."-anonymous
"The spork is, you know, like the hermaphrodite of eating utensils."-anonymous
"Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself." Mark Twain
I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.
"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."-David Letterman
Who cares what people think, it's what you know. Feel the Love.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my fish have learned how to type.
"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a bread crumb, and getting licked in the process.."- Paul O'Neil
"All the clownfish and yellow tangs in the world can't help you now!" - Peter Griffin
"The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once" -Albert Einstein
I envy the animals two things: their ignorance of evil to come, and their ignorance of what is said about them.-Voltaire

Phew. My fingers hurt.

Kazzy

Re: Favorite Quotes/Sayings!

Sorry about not adding OT I was going to but I forgot.

framerguy

I loved the one about lemons! My favorite at the moment is in my sig. Also, if ya do what yuv always done, youre gonna get whatcha always got- don't know who said it first though.

BoomerD

Lots of good bits in there. (I do wish you'd have formatted it differently to make it easier to read though...;) (sort of like this:)

Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand. -Peter Griffin

You cannot by reasoning correct a man of ill opinion which by reasoning he never aquired.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You haven't got time to make them all yourself.

Why is this so addicting?

Time is the best teacher...unfortunately it kills all of its students.

The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime.

Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice.

Sometimes the best quote is that which is left unsaid. - Nuhtty from Nano-Reef

It always amazes me how smart and brave people are when they're sitting behind a keyboard!

I will work diligently to supply your signature with more zany crap. - Nuhtty

What's popular isn't always right, and what's right isn't always popular...

"Stupidity, I believe, is the no.1 killer of marine organisms in captivity. We can call it "human error" if it makes everyone happier, but it is still ignorance from a lack of information, unverified misinformation or a failure to comply with correct information." - Anthony Calfo

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

If you love something, set if free. If it comes back, it's dependent on you.

"Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation" -- uncommonly wise fortune cookie

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." - Col. David H. Hackworth

"It is good that war is so terrible, else we should become accustomed to it." - Robert E. Lee

"The fear of war is worse than war itself." -Seneca

"This means war!" "I thought it meant touchdown?" - Animaniacs

"WAR : We Are Right" - Chief Elder, Pangaea

Enemy messenger #2:"Our arrows will darken the sun!"
Spartan:"Then we will fight in the shade."

10 years from now people will wonder how the heck we used fluorescent bulbs to keep corals.-Nuhtty

"You are very squishy. So I shall name you squishy. And you shall be my little squishy."--Dory from Finding Nemo

"Commit the oldest sins, the newest kind of ways." - William Shakespeare

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - R. Kennedy

"I am an optimist. But I'm an optimist who takes his raincoat." - Harold Wilson

"The only place where success comes before work is in a dictionary." - Vidal Sassoon

"Woman are meant to be loved, not to be understood". --Oscar Wilde

"If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life." --Tommy Lasorda

"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend". --Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you got". - Garth Brooks

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music". - George Carlin

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." --Jason Kidd

"Ninety percent of the game is half mental." --Jim Wohford

"Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - after being told he looked cool (Yogi Berra).

"I wasn't the cutest or the most talented, but I could get through the question-and-answer period." [on beauty pageants] -- Oprah Winfrey

"I want a sandwich named after me." -- Jon Stewart

"Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn't even the star of his own Halloween special." -- Chris Rock

Sometimes you eat the bar and well,sometimes.....the bar eats you.-The Stranger .

" Apology - the only way of having the last word with a woman.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.

Men forget but never forgive. Women forgive but never forget.

He who lives by the sword laughs last.

Being human is a contact sport.

My reality check just bounced.

How can you be "more than happy?" Sounds like a dangerous mental condition.

Not every thorn has a rose.

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

You are living in a world where lemonade is made from artificial ingredients and furniture polish is made with real lemons. Start worrying...

Women marry men hoping they will change, and men marry women hoping they will remain the same.

If you can buy it at the mall, it ain't "counterculture!"

Sure I'm happy to be alive. I'm just not very happy about being awake!

"The truth is out there? Anyone know the URL?"

"In the beginning there was darkness, and the darkness was without form, and void. And Gates said "Let There Be Light", and there was a General Protection Fault."

"You wouldn't know common sense if it crawled in your nostrils and bred with your boogers." -- The David

You get older, and style usually goes out the window, it's not worth risking it all for style. If I'm fighting for my life out on the battlefield of love, I've hardly got the time to adjust the feather plume on my helmet. -- bug@berkeley

So-called 'IQ' scores do not measure intelligence, but a specific kind of stupidity which is, for whatever demented cultural reasons, called 'intelligence,' but which more resembles the dancing of a particularly well- trained monkey. -- Henri Ennui

If an infinite number of rednecks riding in an infinite number of pickup trucks fire an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of highway signs, they will eventually produce all the worlds' great literary works in Braille.

I would not, could not SAVE ON PHONE.
I would not, could not BUY YOUR LOAN.
I would not, could not MAKE MONEY FAST.
I would not, could not SEND NO CA$H.
I would not, could not SEE YOUR SITE.
I would not, could not EAT VEG-I-MITE.
I do_not_like GREEN CARDS AND SPAM!

How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges did not live there?

If you're not living on the razor's edge, you're taking up too much space.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bugger yourself."

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... and how many want out." Prime Minister Tony Blair

"God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide Who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go."

One out of every four people is suffering from some form of mental illness. Check three friends. If they're OK, then it's you.

Keep your friends close and your anemones closer.

Never be afraid to try something new, afterall, a lone amateur built the Ark, a team of experts built the Titanic.

Oh, Vista is the most compatible OS ever conceived. If we sent it to Iraq there would be peace in the Middle East.

"All living creatures are at their healthiest when they eat live food. Even humans. Doesnt mean we go out and start gnawing a cows neck while its still alive." Tangman

"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge... others only gargle."-anonymous

"The spork is, you know, like the hermaphrodite of eating utensils."-anonymous

"Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself." Mark Twain

I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."-David Letterman

Who cares what people think, it's what you know.

Feel the Love.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my fish have learned how to type.

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a bread crumb, and getting licked in the process.."- Paul O'Neil

"All the clownfish and yellow tangs in the world can't help you now!" - Peter Griffin

"The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once" -Albert Einstein

I envy the animals two things: their ignorance of evil to come, and their ignorance of what is said about them.-Voltaire

You forgot one biggie:
NEVER do the math, it's BAD for the hobby!

Triggerjay

Yeah, my favorite....:
"Why the HECK should I have to press one for ENGLISH!

Jason

Anselth

"He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't"

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." - Winston Churchill

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H.L. Mencken

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me." - Dave Barry

Kazzy

I tried to make every quote start on a new line but I guess that wasn't enough. Anselth, I love that last one!
:LOL:

cracker

" If you have no honey in your pot, have some on your tongue".- Benjamin Franklin

Kazzy

Awesomely funny:
"Watch out, Oprah! We're going real, girl!"-Man of the Year
Much funnier when you watch it in the movie.