oceanic or aga?

liljimmynorton

I know that both companies are merging but are there any quality difference between them.I have been researching prices and aga is almost always cheeper.

Witfull

they are the same company now but different divisions. AGA is the standard and oceanic is the luxury edition. slilghtly thicker glass, black silicone, more customizations from the factory etc~

BrothaWolf

AGA and Oceanic merged and since then they are changing up the product line. I spoke to an Oceanic rep on the phone because I couldnt find the tank I wanted. Oceanic is ditching a lot ot their tanks. I went with an AGA tank and stand and now Im having a hard time getting the AGA canopy.

BoomerD

IFAIK, they've been one & the same for several years. Oceanic's glass used to be considered to be "better", and if I had the choice, I'd still choose Oceanic over AGA. They just seem to be built to a better standard.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
My vote is for Oceanic. When I was shopping for a tank the Oceanic always stood out. They also have very stylish stands and they seem to be built better.

mps9506

They are both owned by Central pet and garden now. Ever since they were purchased the quality of their off the shelf tanks have gone down and the price has stayed the same. Custom tanks are still great, but very pricey because you will pay a mark up through the lfs since you cannot get a tank direct from oceanic.
Quality wise you are looking at the same from AGA or oceanic now, in fact if you look at many of the tanks now, you will see they use the same thickness glass and exact same plastic bracing. The main difference is the styling of the stands and their are several sizes of tanks available from Oceanic that are not available from AGA.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Just be careful with Oceanic. They produce a "clearer glass" model, and when I was shopping around for a tank, a LFS tried to sell me one saying that it was made with Starphire glass... which was not true.

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
As mentioned, they are one in the same other than the stands. Acrylic is nice but scratches VERY easy, I have 10 glass and 2 acrylic tanks and I will never get acrylic again unless I get a smokin deal.

spanglish

I have always been a big Oceanic fan! I still use my first
Oceanic that I purchased 20 plus years ago. I heard about
them being purchased and concerns about what their new
products would be like. I purchased an "old" Oceanic (store
inventory from well before their sale) when I decided to dive
back into SW.
So I vote Oceanic.