Ocean Encounter Holiday Specials

VinceC

IceCap 175watt Metal Halide Ballast - $99.95
IceCap 250watt Metal Halide Ballast - $104.95

AB 250watt 10K Metal Halide Bulb - 69.95 - Mogul Base
Ushio 400Watt 10K Metal Halide Bulb - $79.95
CoralVue 250watt 20K - $46.00 - Mogul Base

To receive these prices
Orders need to be called in or send me a email and I will call.
Offer runs till 12/31

See our other Holiday Specials here
http://oceanencounter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=OE&Category_Code=spe

Vince

Maxx

Hey Vince!!!!
I'm glad to see you here as a sponsor!!! I purchased the Sunlight Supply Bluewave IV's from you. Pics are coming soon, just need some more time to get things done. School's almost over for this semester, and then things will start happening...
Nick

ReefLady

Staff member
Vince,

I'm interested in the IceCap 175watt Metal Halide Ballast - $99.95 -- will this be the correct ballast to fire a 175w 10k Ushio bulb?

This is for a frag tank that I'm converting from VHO to MH.

If that ballast will work with that bulb, I'd like to order both. I don't believe I'll need more than a 175w MH, as the tank is just a 40g breeder, and the frags will be sitting on egg crate, approx 6" from the surface of the water.

I am concerned with ballast efficiency, as electricity costs here are pretty high.

Let me know if that ballast/bulb combination sounds like a good choice. Also, do you carry Spiderlight reflectors? I'll need one of those also. Anything else we'll need? Socket? Power cord?

Thanks for your help!

VinceC

Hi Teri,

The IceCap ballast is the new version it will fire any bulb.
We do carry PFO and Sunlight Supply Reflectors. ( reflectors come with socket and cord )
You do need a power cord no IceCap ballast comes with them.
Also as a option is the female adapter to make it a quick disconnect.
I understand your concerns of ballast efficiency which are important but personally I like the 250Watt better it is more versatile. what I mean by that is say you run a mogul bulb now and then decide a year from now that you want HQI you can do that with the 250watt IceCap as it run any bulb Double ended or Mogul base.

Vince