Now Heres A Cool Lil Story

all i have to say is WOW!!!! I use to own pacu's and piranah's back in the mid 90's, they can be fun to watch at times. but really a 40 year old pacu, now thats amazing to see.

nightfire76

lo not sure his tank size but id guess pretty big,i had pacus with gars and thingd like that,they swim alot and rummble some too lol and as far as how much it cost to feed him,well 3660 goldfish per year,times that buy say a the least $1.08 a gold fish....and those would be cheapo ones....i say just freed him a few koi :lol:

burning2nd

thats cool and sad in the same sentence.

its cool that the guy has made a fish live so long and officiously he cares.

but its sad that we have excepted that fish live a few years or longer...
no one steps back to see what bioload humans have had on the planet and oceans.

lo not sure his tank size but id guess pretty big,i had pacus with gars and thingd like that,they swim alot and rummble some too lol and as far as how much it cost to feed him,well 3660 goldfish per year,times that buy say a the least $1.08 a gold fish....and those would be cheapo ones....i say just freed him a few koi :lol:

Well, the guy does own a petshop. I'm sure he breeds goldfish specifically for feeding the pacus. It's not like he's going out and spending a dollar for every fish he feeds it.

And not sure how long the tank is, but it doesn't look all that deep. The fish looks a bit cramped in there, IMHO. Though, it is amazing the fish is that old. The sucker is older than I am.

RockBox

Feeder goldfish are cheep and sell for 10-20 cents each retail.