pieter-nps1.jpg

pieter-nps1.jpg
[/IMG]

~Michael

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Talk about some amazing COLOR!!

That would be an "easy to feed" tank since everything needs to be fed.

michael_cb_125

That is a tank from the netherlands, and is simply amazing. This tank is in the owners equipment room. He has an 18 foot curved reef tank which is amazing, and this stunning tank is in his "work room" :)
~Michael

no1bubba

Talk about some amazing COLOR!!

That would be an "easy to feed" tank since everything needs to be fed.
received 3 sun coral for Christmas after 24 hours 1\3 to 1\2 had died. You seem to have great luck with these beautiful corals...should I continue to feed and shelter these corals? Is there any hope at all? Any suggestions that you may be able to give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Bubba

funkpolice

bubba, post a picture if you can. Many sun corals are well on their way out by the time they leave the lfs. You need to ensure that each polyp gets something to eat. I use frozen mysis in a turkey baster. If yours aren't opening up to feed, try enticing them with Cyclopeeze. Once you get them healthy, they are pretty easy to maintain. Best of luck,
bill

RockBox

That is a tank from the netherlands, and is simply amazing. This tank is in the owners equipment room. He has an 18 foot curved reef tank which is amazing, and this stunning tank is in his "work room" :)
~Michael

Pretty cool tank! Anybody know how long he is been keeping those gorgonians and dendroneptheas alive for?

ReefLady

Staff member
Very very nice. I'm also curious about the age of the tank inhabitants. That's beautiful.

ReefLady

Staff member
I've been itching to do something different. Need a "reason" to start a new tank................

RockBox

I've been itching to do something different. Need a "reason" to start a new tank................

It would be nice but there are very few people in the world that have been able to keep most of the things he has in there alive for more than a year. Most don't even live that long. The chili and sun corals in there are about the only things I can see that do well long term. Non-photosynthetic soft corals like those are inexpensive and can be restocked quite easily.

ReefLady

Staff member
I agree. Still looking for a reason to start a tank (that is within reason).

That tank is stil beautiful though...

funkpolice

I saw somewhere a guy that had long term success with both dendro and sclero's. He had a constant food supply in the tank. I don't remember where it was, but it wasn't in the U.S. I would love to be able to keep some of those.
bill

l3fty999

bubba, post a picture if you can. Many sun corals are well on their way out by the time they leave the lfs. You need to ensure that each polyp gets something to eat. I use frozen mysis in a turkey baster. If yours aren't opening up to feed, try enticing them with Cyclopeeze. Once you get them healthy, they are pretty easy to maintain. Best of luck,
bill

Enticing them with Cyclopeeze works for mine, but just like you said, mine is very unhealthy and it may be too late. What I did specifically was to just dust them with the Cyclopeeze and just keep an eye on them and sure enough, within about 10-15 minutes you have its full attention and then you can feed it and have it do some good. Good luck with yours.

Aaron