No Foam in Skimmer

Gumby

Ok, I did a 20% water change (bought water from the LFS) on Sunday and since then, I have had alot more bubbles and no foam. And lots more bubbles in my tank.

Have I done something wrong or is the system working like it should?

Ammonia =0
Nitrites = 0
Nitrate = 0

salinity is 1.025

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
what kind of skimmer is it....sounds to me there's a clogged venturi or some salt buildup or something....also is this on the 75 gallon tank?

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
.....also check the vent on the skimmer cup. If this is covered or plugged where it can't vent right it will kill the foam.

Gumby

i checked the dump tube from the top of the skimmer and it was clear.

I also blew into the air inlet and it seems to help some. Now i have about a quarter inch of foam, if you want to call it that.

Gumby

Last night before bed i unplugged both the main pump and the recirc and let it sit for a few minutes, then plugged them both in and watched for a few minutes. There was a nice thick foam layer where it should have been, so i went to bed. This morning I checked it out and it was really pumping some foam.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Glad you fixed it. I have to comment on Boomers post. That is the most over looked issue with most skimmers. If your skimmer was working good before and suddenly there is no head two things could have happened. You either put your hand in the water breaking the "water tension"(this happens from the oil on our skin) or there is back pressure.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
the inlet tube on the T2 needs to be cleaned every few weeks salt & or calcium build up clogs the tube. Fresh water clears it right up