Newbie with a hammer coral question...

coolio21

Hey everyone I just joined this forum. I thought it would be helpful since Im a a first timer with my 14g biocube. Ive had my tank since april 15th and its now the 19th so its been alittle over a month. In my tank I have a true percula clown fish, female filamented flasher wrasse, pink sea urchin, fire shrimp, about 5 crabs & 4 snails, rose brain coral, 2 types of hammer coral, 3 zoanthid frags, tree coral, brain or maze coral frag. But I'm also making this 1st post because im alil worried about my hammer coral. Tonight I went to go look at my tank and the hammer coral looked shriveled up or deflated, so I thought it was dying or something was wrong. So I turned on the lights and put the mix of phyto and clam feast like when you usually feed the corals, then it puffed back up and looked fine. Is this normal for the hammer coral to do? All the levels are perfect in my tank calcium, alkalinity wise, and there are very low nitrates and the temperature is 77-78 at the most. Im also feeding the corals and fish mysis shrimp once a week & the phyto & clam feast 3 times a week. So if anyone could respond and tell me about this I would appreciate it thanks

-Sonia :dance:

tnwillia

They shrink down alot when the lights are off. Watch the cycle over the weekend, they will be big and full with lights on and shrink down over time after the lights go off. It's normal at least in my tank! Good luck!

coolio21

They shrink down alot when the lights are off. Watch the cycle over the weekend, they will be big and full with lights on and shrink down over time after the lights go off. It's normal at least in my tank! Good luck!

Thanks alot for letting me know I will admit im being alil paranoid because my tank is new and I dont know everything.