New to you

Spizlet

:colorful: :colorful: Hello,
My name is Amy and I'm A beginner. I've had my tank up now for three months and and now researching what fish to add to my reef. Any Suggestions? I really love the mandarin dragonet and spotted green dragonette. Thanks:colorful: , Amy

squiers007

I would recommend against any type of dragonette. They will generally only eat live copopds and since your tank has only been up and running for a few months they will not have a sufficient amount of food to eat. Some have gotten there mandarins to eat frozen foods, but this is not common. Hope this helps.

DublD

Hi Amy
Welcome to your new sickness........reefkeeping! :)
You have a lot to learn but ask away. There are a lot of experienced reefkeepers out there willing to assist.

I would also like to squash your dragonet dreams however. Your tank should be up for a minimum of a year IMO to sustain one of these very cool fish. Not only that, a sump for there food to grow undisturbed is best. Other than that, it will eventually starve to death. Gobies and damselfish are a bit more hardy to start with. Maybe a couple of clowns and cool goby? There are a ton of possibilities.

ReefLady

Staff member
Welcome Amy. Could you give us some more details on the tank (size, setup, etc.)? Are you planning on having corals? Invertebrates?

Welcome to RS!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:welcomera to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members, that are very knowledgeable & always willing to help
745.gif