New to O'Fallon, MO

Scott Eiswirth

Hi,
I recently moved to O'Fallon MO and I'm looking for info on water chem. good local suppliers and anything other surprises I might need to know about. Any help would be appreciated. I joined SEASL and look forward many happy reef tales to come.

Thx,
Scott

Curtswearing

Howdy Scott.

WELCOME TO REEFSANCTUARY!!!

I'm the treasurer of SEASL. I had to miss a couple of meetings due to tax season. Maxx and Spooda420 are also members of SEASL. I even had to miss Walt Smith's talk due to some work I had to do for someone.

I look forward to meeting you.

Reef Solutions on Highway 94 is probably the LFS closest to you.

Again, welcome to RS and ask away!!!

Spooda420

Scott, Told ya I'd see you here.... Welcome, you'll find this board much more appealing, and the people are just plain nicer than RC.

If you have questions this is the place to post them, sometimes I think that I'm the only one with a job here. People seems to reply very quickly here... ...and its always great information.

BTW - unpack quickly, so you can get started on your tank!!!

once again WELCOME to RS and STL!!!!

Chris

Curtswearing

Chris,

Did you use your unique identifier to qualify for the Member Referral Constest?

PS....good work bud!!!

Scott,

I started with a nano. They are a little more difficult to some degreee as the water parameters change so much more quickly in a small water volume. In other words, top off for evaporation more often so the Specific Gravity swings stay small. However, if you can master a nano, when you set up a big tank.....you're golden.

Here's a good thread on nano's

Spooda420

Curt,

I can claim Scott as my own find, however, I would like to choose to stay out of the contest. Even though LuckyInc has Awesome and I mean Awesome work, my mean old wife would never let me decorate the house or even certain rooms on my own.... I would hang up pictures of race cars and girls just like I was 13 again!

...So I'll leave the artwork for someone who can actually use it. Now if someone would like to trade frags for him that I can DO! That is definatly 'do-able'.:D :turntable :thumber:

Spooda420

Thanks, Scott.... Ok Ive talked/typed to you for the last hmmm what 2 hrs or so? right? ok so are you ready to put up your tank yet???? whats the hold up? get the led out.

Curtswearing

LOL....that's a hint if I ever read one. However, neither me nor Maxx can win contests so it's all yours. I've met J and one word I would never use to label her would be "mean". You're a lucky man Chris.

I have helped stock a couple peoples tanks recently so a number of corals are in short supply. However, I'm babysitting Maxx's anemone, clam and corals. Do you want any of those LOL?

Actually, we should be in good shape. My hairy mushrooms are running everwhere, my orange zoanthids and GSP's are literally climbing the walls. My brown frogspawn is ready to be broken but my pink tipped frogspawn lost a head recently for reasons I don't know. I want it to regain it's strength before fragging it again.

Spooda420

Curt,
I'm sure Nick won't mind if I frag his clam:D. I am ready to put some fish in there now the resetting up the tank took a while and now all the LR is well cycled, so maybe in a few months I will start adding some corals...

Maxx

I'm babysitting Maxx's anemone, clam and corals. Do you want any of those LOL?
I'm sure Nick won't mind if I frag his clam
WHOA!!!!!!!!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE CLAM!!!!
I'm gone for a coupla days cause my basement floods, and sudenly all my stuff is up fer grabs.....I see how it is.
you guys seem to have forgotten that I'm armed and not afraid find new places to put a body.....JK
:D
Hey, Chris, welcome to the board!
Nick

Spooda420

Nick your confuzed.... Ive been here a long time Scott is new...
maybe that rabid squirrel that you had in your house a while back came back and bit you :)

Last edited:

ReefLady

Staff member
maybe that rabid squirrel that you had in your house a while back came back and bit you

Yo ... thanks for making me spit Mike's Hard lemonade into my keyboard. LOL

Scott - welcome!!

Maxx

Nick your confuzed.... Ive been here a long time Scott is new...
Chris...Scott....whatever...I'm not dating either one of ya...whats in a name??
:D
Actually, I was just in a hurry. Rocio was hungry, she's hypoglycemic, (not a diabetic, but has to pay attention to her blood sugar levels), and she turns into a BEAST when she's hungry, and I was just "typin' on the damn computer!" So I wasnt paying as close attention as I normally would have.
Scott, Welcome to the board. My apologies for not getting the name right initially. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet you in person at one of the future SEASL meetings.
We're normal.....everybody else is weird.
I don't know what you're smoking Curt, but you should probably stop.
Yo ... thanks for making me spit Mike's Hard lemonade into my keyboard. LOL
Why is the mental image of me fighting a tree weasel in my underpants soooo damn funny?????

Kids these days!
Nick

Scott Eiswirth

Nick,
Thanks for the welcome. My wife is also hypoglycemic. I feel your pain brother. I have noticed however if you withhold their food a little past the mean stage they shake and little past that they pass out which does give you a little bit of peace and quiet (until they wake up). The squirrel story was awesome!
Scott

Spooda420

I just re- read that squirrel thread for like the third time how great is that thead? Oh the images I get... seeing Nick do that...