New RSM C-Series C-130 & C-250

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Be interesting to see if the new model skimmer will work (fit) with the current RSM 250 - here hoping it does.

Hi Glenn, the bad news is this is not to be, the new MSK 900 professional protein skimmer does not fit into the old Max 250, slightly better news for owners of the Max130/D the MSK 600 will retro fit.

Efforts where made during the design stage but this was not to be.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks for the reply Kev !

Will have to see if anyone in the club can come up with a creative mod ;) if it's possible...

steveh

We are just putting together the details for pricing and availability of the new C-130 skimmer, for those existing Max 130 owners who would like to upgrade from the original skimmer. The difference in noise levels and performance is huge, and the skimmer fits really neatly into the original skimmer chamber. It must be used in conjunction with the new, single circulation pump which we offered as a free upgrade to existing USA Max 130 owners to replace the 2 smaller circ pumps which currently sit near the top of the aquarium. More details to follow soon I hope.

ziggy

Steve psted the below:

Hi All,
Here is the initial list of those shops which should be receiving their Max-C Series live displays over the next couple of weeks.
As new shops are being added all the time we are unable to provide 'live' updates as new shops appear. Therefore please instead go to our shop locator at www.redseafish.com and contact your local Red Sea dealer to see if they have also joined the live-display program.
Consumer units will be shipping also next week, albeit in limited quantities of un-sold stock, due to the high demand.

Shop Name City State
Reef Life Aquariums Birmingham AL
Rainbow Arleta CA
Fins Camarillo CA
Aquarium Concepts Dublin CA
AQTCJKS Fresno CA
Treasures of the Sea Riverside CA
Deep Sea Creations Temecula CA
D D Aquarium Woodland Hills CA
A. S. Morris Vancouver Canada
Aqua Imports Boulder CO
Todd's Tropical Fish Denver CO
Aquamart Denver CO
Great White Shark Fort Collins CO
Colchester Pet Colchester CT
Aquatic Wildlife Manchester CT
Exotic Fish & Corals Milford CT
Exotic Fish and Corals Milford CT
Life Aquatic New Canaan CT
Barrier Reef Boca Raton FL
Saltwater Solutions Bonito Springs FL
Aquarium and Reef Fort Myers FL
Keys Critters Key Largo FL
Exotic Aquariums Miami FL
Ocean Lifers Palm Harbor FL
Seascape Aquarium Sarasota FL
Coral Connection Sarasota FL
Animal House ST Pete FL
Aquamart Titusville FL
Coral Reef Aquarium West Palm Bch FL
Aquarium Outfitters Athens GA
The Fish Store Chamblee GA
Premier Aquatics Marietta GA
Reef Coral Baton Rouge LA
Coral Fever Raceland LA
Pet's Plus Aquarium Slidell LA
Delta Pet Center Slidell LA
Krystal Klear Aquatic Auburn MA
Aqua Dreams Feeding Hills MA
Tropic Isle Aquarium Framingham MA
School of Fish Springfield MA
House of Tropicals Glen Burnie MD
Aquatic Creations Ijamsville MD
Aquarium One Rockville MD
Fintastic Charlotte NC
Ocean Gallery North Plainfield NJ
Tropiquarium Ocean NJ
Ocean Aquarium Pleasantville NJ
Pet Shanty Scotch Plains NJ
Reef Creations Buffalo NY
Aqua Hut Coram NY
Hidden Reef Levittown PA
Oceans of Pets Woonsoket RI
Fishy Business Columbia SC
Aquatic Critter Nashville TN
AquaDome Austin TX
River City Aquatics Austin TX
Dallas North Aquarium Carrolton TX
The Fish Place Dallas TX
Royal Aquatics Flower Mound TX
All About Fish Houston TX
Elegant Reef San Antonio TX
The Aquarium Sandy UT
Marine Scene Herndon VA

reig3

Looking forward to more info on the new 130 skimmer!!! Any projected availability date? Ready and waiting:swmfish:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Looking forward to seeing some of the new tanks in the club, right after tax rebates next month, we always see a lot of new members join the RSM Club :dance:

ziggy

i still can't find any local stores in CA, USA which is selling C-250. Is FishTanks Direct good?

Yes, members here have bought from them and are very satisfied. The big RS customers are getting the tanks first. The smaller LFS places will get them last.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Bluesky - all RSM tanks ordered online will drop ship to your door from Red Sea warehouse in Houston - you will soon be able to order them from lots of the major online retailers I would think - like F & S, Marine depot, Thatfishplace, etc... or fishtanksdirect

bluesky

thanks for all the info, nanoreefing4fun, ziggy and goma. I am still debating if I should get the C-250 or the S-500. The C-250 has quite a few limitations like no refugium, no auto top off etc ... so I can't really keep the mandarin fish my son loves. But it sure is a beauty =) Will start a tank thread after i have made up my mind. I was a redsea 130 owner and sure loves redsea tanks!

orieng

thanks for all the info, nanoreefing4fun, ziggy and goma. I am still debating if I should get the C-250 or the S-500. The C-250 has quite a few limitations like no refugium, no auto top off etc ... so I can't really keep the mandarin fish my son loves. But it sure is a beauty =) Will start a tank thread after i have made up my mind. I was a redsea 130 owner and sure loves redsea tanks!
I had a 250 with mandarin fish in it for two years till I upgraded to the RSM 500. I am sure you will be able to keep mandarins in the c 250.

ziggy

GOMA - Greg, don't you have a Mandarin in your 250?

monster2183

Me too. I just got rid of my other tanks and am wanting to see if i should get the 250c or just get one of the discounted regular rsm 250 setups

I'm about to order mine soon. Have you guys checked out the video Red Sea put out on the 250c? Also some info and pics on reefbuilders.