New Rodi unit question

tex5620

Just quick question about my new ROdi unit. I have got everything hooked up the way it is suppose to be but the problem is that the psi is only about 46-50. How detremental to the efficiency is it that it isn't around 65. Do I need to get a booster pump or not worry about it.

tnwillia

Not saying this will work for you but it did for me. My RO/DI had a valve on the dump/waste water line. By partialy closing that valve I am able to take my house water at 50PSI up to 90PSI as measured by my RO/DI. Just something to try. Good luck!

DaveK

Try it and see how you make out. You may not get the water production rate you want, bu as long as it's making enough water for you, you'll be ok.

tex5620

Its making the water all right. I believe the unit is still alittle new. In acouple of days I will do a waste:pure ratio and let everybody know from there. Thanks

tex5620

Well crud, I looked at the psi last night before I was going to bed while it was making more water and it was running at 42psi. Any suggestions.

tnwillia

Sounds like it's time for the booster pump. Have you talked to your water utility to see what PSI they are pushing to your house? Good luck!

tex5620

When I got the house inspected when we purchased house he sayed it was running 60-65. I have the unit running off a y adapter sharing with my washing machine. I have the typhoon extreme III with all the bells and whistles. Can anybody think of anything else that could be affecting the pressure before I buy a booster pump. I

tnwillia

Mine is set up the same way. Short of a blockage on the input line somewhere seems like it should work. I've not read about your unit to be sure about anything so I'm guessing as I'm sure you can tell. Hope it work out.

tnwillia

Just read about it, says it will run as low as 30PSI but wants 65 for best operation. If your utility says your pressure is suppose to be 60-65 and your seeing 40, they may come look at it for free. Worse they could say (in SC) is it's not their problem. Sorry.