New office ocean... 54 Gallon corner tank.

chelseagrin

what are the lights on that thing? is that enough for the rbta? it looks grea though the lion and trigger are gonna get huge! also how long has the tank been set up? sorry if i missed that somewhere.

PIMPALA

right now, its just a 2 bulb T5 GLO fixture. But it will soon be either 4 or 6 bulb. i can only get a 24" light on this tank because of the design. I also played around with the idea of sticking one of my LED fixtures on it... might go that route instead.

It will be 2-3 years before the lion and the trigger are too big for this tank, and by that time, i will upgrade it to a 150 or bigger. LOL

the "tank" has been up a week. However, it was more of a move than a new setup. the Sand and live rock were from one of my other tanks (well established) and the water was part old water from a water change in my 150, and part new water.

no spikes, params are the same as my other tank, and the tank I tore down (less nitrates actually)

Dave6093

WOW!! I have just read through this whole thread and the 20L thead as well. I must say it has been a very exciting and an enjoyable read. I never new that matis shrimp had so much personality. And the way they re-scape their home.. Just awesome..
Also a big fan of the RBTA hosting the maroons.. Now only if my clowns did that. :(
I am a faithful RC member and I had to register to this forum just for the thread!!
Haha keep up the great work and congrats on the move
-Dave

PIMPALA

Thanks Dave, and welcome to RS! You will like this forum a lot. Much more laid back, and much nicer people. :)

Uslanja

Hi Jason! Dynamite looking tank.... and we liked every evolution of the rock-scape! Everything you do just looks so good to us! Looking forward to watching how this one develops!! Very Nice!!

catran

Hey Jason, I think you're running out of space to put fish tanks! Oh, oh, there's a new reality tv show called Tanked. They built a fish tank in a car. Maybe you could put the next one in your car, lol!!

PIMPALA

Hey Jason, I think you're running out of space to put fish tanks! Oh, oh, there's a new reality tv show called Tanked. They built a fish tank in a car. Maybe you could put the next one in your car, lol!!

Dont laugh... Ive thought about it. Back in the day, there was a famous car audio installer called Dave "fishman" Rivera, who always put fish tanks inside the vehicles, or in the sub boxes, etc. lol

I say knock out a wall and build a 500+ gallon tank!

You have no idea how bad I want to do it. Wife wouldnt agree to it... but she moved out 2 weeks ago, so I guess I could do whatever I want now.

Oh, and the wall next to the corner tank is about 10' long, and has an office/poker room/study whatever you want to call it right behind it. there is a bathroom right next to the office, so there is an easily accessible water supply. the room is 10' x 9' and would make a freakin PERFECT fish room for an in wall 400-500 gallon tank.

If this divorce wasnt costing me an arm and a leg, I would be plotting a plywood build right now. lol

Robzilla

Sorry to hear about the trouble Jason. Time will pass and it will clear and then you can focus on YOU and your gilled friends!