New MH acclimation ??

Scouter Steve

Hi all. Just got new electronic 250 watt ballasts and reeflux 12k bulbs. I am replacing SPS 14k that are about 10-11 months old. I have installed the bulbs and ballasts, put egg crate over the tank with 2 layers of fiberglass screen. Is this Ok? Right now the tank seems just a tad darker then it was yesterday with the old bulbs. How long do I wait to take out the screen?
TIA

JWarren

Yeah, I agree with that. Remember, it is better to have not enough light during acclimation and bring them up slowly than to have to much light from the get go. Your lifestock will take the change better.

Varga

I think you need 3-4 layers. move one layer per week. If you have a torch coral, he'll need more acclimation than everything else. good luck :)

Scouter Steve

My torch is in my other reef under t-5 HO. Think I will give it a full week before I take first screen off. The egg crate is actually shading quite a bit so it will be one week with 2 screen layers, a week with 1 screen and ec then a week of ec only less I see some burn.
I also added 2 more Eductors. Before I had two eductors and an open 3/4 pvc nozzle on my CL now it is four eductors. Gotta love the flow in there now!