jhnrb

Just A Quick Note To Say Hi To All. I Have Just Joined And Will Be Revisiting The Forums Frequently. I'm Currently Setting Up A 150 Reef. All Equipment Will Be Outside The House In An Equipment Shed. I Will Be Using Cpr Cy-294, Aquafuge Pro, #4 Sump, 100 Gal Plexi Sump, 2-250 Halides And 1 175, 4- 96 Watt Atinic O3, A 5 Stage Ro/di And A 3 Stage Ro, A Dolphin 3000 Amp Master, Automatic Kalc Reactor For Top Off, 2-sea Swirls With Inside Pump For A Loop System Set On Corner Bracket Supports, A Phosphate Reactor, Couple Chillers, 4- 250 Watt Heaters, And Some Various Electronic Monitoring Devices Etc.

I Have Been In Salt Water For Apprx. 30 Yrs, And Fresh Water As Well (african Cichlids Various ). I Can Imagine The Above Appears To Be A Little Over Kill And May Be, However, What I Am Going To End Up With Is A Retirement Project Incorporating Or Deleting Previous Successes And Or Failures. I Have Had A 125 Reef Down To A 5 Gal Reef And Tanks Ranging From The 5 Gal Up To 240 Gal.

I Appreciate The Opinions Of Others And Find That No Matter How Long Or How Indepth A Person Has Been Into The Hobby, There Is Always Room To Grow And Learn. I Hope Sometime In The Future To Be Able To Contribute To The Members And Also To Be Able To Learn From Others That Participate In The HOBBY.

Presently I Have The Tank And Stand Set In Place, Home Made Hood, And Will Be Drilling The Floor To Run The Drain And Return Lines To The Out Side. Stand Will Be Drilled This Week To Facillitate The Connection To The Bottom Drains And Returns. Equipement Shed Due To Start Construction Next Month, (hopefully). In Meantime Will Be Setting Up Hood Lighting, Ventilation, Timmers, Etc.

Whew! Having Said All That, Thanks For Having Me Jhnrb.

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow, that sounds awesome! Don't worry, you won't find too much talk of "overkill" here unless it's putting 3 tangs in a 10-gallon tank. :)

Be sure to take pics of your project and post them in the "Reef Chronicles" forum, AKA "Tank Journals" from our main menu.

I think you're going to fit in very nicely here...

Welcome!

Travis

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary Jhnrb!!! :hallo:

Sounds like it is going to be a nice set up! Can't wait to see some pics~~ Start a thread in the 'Reef Chronicle' forum so we can all follow it's progress :)

Gina

RS STAFF
Welcome! Sounds like an interesting project and a good one to watch take shape!