New Hitchhiker

RedTail87

I've been watching these for a few weeks now and haven't noticed them cause any harm to neighboring critters.. I've tried poking them before and they don't respond to being poked. Does anyone know what they are? I was going to leave them alone but they are reproducing and I didn't want them to go crazy if they were bad critters. Thanks!

DSC_0095cu.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

..... Ignore the cyano.. I was blasting it so it's kind of all stringy and annoying. :p

catran

Looks like a hidden cup coral or ball anemone. Both are harmless. You can scrub them off with a toothbrush if there are too many. I kept my single one and it hasn't grown or spread.

Blndbunny

+1 on the hydroids, I have a number of ball anemone and hidden cup corals, they all react when they are poked at

RedTail87

Do they? These didn't. :/ I dunno, I covered them in Aiptasia X anyway and the halloween crab ate the left overs.

StirCrayzy

I say ball anemone. Judging by those pics. Hydroid centers look a bit different than the samples shown.
I have a few of these myself.
I Never poked them, they retract spontaneously, have doubled in #s this last year, and seem to not bother anything.