new engineer goby scratching...why?

Doogle

Isn't it weird how some fish love the camera and others would rather jump out of the tank to get away from it?
I'm not sure I meant that as a question, oh well.:away:

nightfire76

yup best thing i can do is make moves of em but still cant get in close to em.......could they be ok and its just the ones getting crap out his gills?

BLADEYAMAHA

Just monitor them for a while and see, I think. I would not QT them just yet, at least until you are sure they have ich without a doubt.:)

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Isn't it weird how some fish love the camera and others would rather jump out of the tank to get away from it?
I'm not sure I meant that as a question, oh well.:away:

lol true some love it to the point of annoyance and others act as if your going to eat them

Intranick

my only experience with Ich was bad. I never recovered. I knew something was up and started monitoring. by the time I actually could confirm white spots, I put them in a QT and started treatment, and it was too late. nasty stuff, that ich. I'd almost QT them right away even if just to monitor more closely.

leebca

Fishes, even if the same species, have different tolerances to stressors. The behavior indicates that there is something that is 'annoying' the fish. Flashing is not a symptom of a problem until it gets to a level of flashing more than once every 5 minutes. Without any other evidence or symptom, best first to verify that water quality is top notch. Check everything even if you are 'sure' the water is good, starting with the quality of your source water. Once you've verified that your source water is pure, perform a huge water change (over 80%) in case there is a poison-something untested for, that has found its way into the tank. Check for any contamination source, including food sources.

A single spot is usually not a problem. Like in humans, it could be the walling off of bacteria (like a human having a pimple) which does show some concern -- the fish is being stressed and dealing with a bacterial infection.

I would check the quality of food and improve its diet including but not limited to adding vitamin and fat supplements.

After the above, wait and see. :)

nightfire76

sorry guys some stuff came up here with wife and daughter so havent given a faster reply to my own thread...Lee, glad to see ya popped in on this one and thanks to you and all the other advice...so heres my update.....its ich...i saw a nice white spot on my female clown the other night ...on her anal fin....though havent seen spots since.....im thinking they are fighting them off as best they can cause last night and tonight i havent noticed spots and or scratching from anyone. ive made a bottle trap and have it sittting in the tank now and bout to get my QT back up and running...its been dried out for a while due to things going on here.....id like to catch them via trap or bigger net that i have vs taking rock out and junk cause it hasnt been long since i reset my whole talk up and i love the way the rock work is laid out..so again im getting ready....anyways any other thoughts guys?

Willie McDaries

a while back,I purchased a clownfish from the LFS and didn't QT it,the next day after adding it in my tank,I noticed what I thought was ich(still not sure what it was)after he found my nem,he cleared up but my PB tang started getting spots on him,he fought it off as well without QT or any meds......I do add Omega 3 fish oil to flake/pellet food which helps keep their immune system up,if you don't already do that,it would be worth a try...my PB tang kept spots for several weeks but it never seemed to bother him and eventually,it was gone...none of the other fish had any spots,but they have all been in my tank much longer that the PB tang too

if I have already suggested this in a previous post,pay no mind to this post,I just woke up :lol:

leebca

I'm still leary about this being Marine Ich with only one spot to 'go on.' It does little harm to go through the treatment process, especially since your display system has never been cleaned/cleared of Marine Ich. Do this and it will be done once and forever -- so long as you don't let it in again.

People talk a lot about the stress it makes on a fish to go through treatment, but an eating fish that is doing alright otherwise (which I put your fish into this category) is going to go through this process with little stress. The greatest stressor will be the catching process.