New Bubble tip anemone

Sean99

Hello everyone! I just got anew bubble tip anemone today. First i acclimatized it, then i put it in my tank. It was doing fine and actually inflated more then in the store. Then a few hours later my Tomato Clown starts to host it and it has deflated a few of its tentacles(only noticeable to the trained eye) since then. I was wondering if I should block my Clownfish off from my anemone or just leave it be?

fishguy4

ya let him in the nem may just be gettin used to it he will prob open soon. a feeding would prob help

KRAZE

The clown shouldn't hurt it, but if the nem starts 'walking' a lot then he may not be compfortable with the clown so soon, And yes, def feed it as soon as you can, make it as happy as possible. Just keep a watchful eye, which it sound like you are lol

Tru2nr

Clowns are not gentle on anemones for the record especially if the anemone is not much much larger then the clown so yes a clown can love an anemone to death if the clowns were there first due to the stress that the nem has gone through getting into your tank...they will constantly inflate and deflate through out the day until acclimated (usually a couple of weeks)

...my names Donnie and I like bishkits

My best advice wit your first nem is to just let it be. I worried about my nem so much for the first month I had it. It hid in the back of the tank for like 3 weeks. it eventually came out. Until you become familiar with they way your anemone looks at different times of the day, you are going to think there is something wrong with it when in reality it is probably ok. If you can see that its not puking its guts out, its probably ok. Make sure your params are in order, and dont let that clown smother it too much :bluemad:

Bubbles are very wierd, we had one that would only be half inflated and it was freaking us out. After several weeks it was fully open and clowns hosting in it, then a week later went from being bubbled to more long tenticled. There isnt much as far as why they do what they do I will agree though to go ahead and watch if the clown is bigger then the nem might be a little stressed but remember nems will move to a place they feel more secure. Just keep a eye on it.

lcstorc

Keep an eye on it. If you see the anemone in distress you may need to protect it for a time. This is generally done by putting a strawberry basket or similar container that still allows good flow while protecting the anemone from the "tough love" of the clown.