New Addition, Rare coral?

smkndrgn142

That really sucks, it was a beautiful coral! I'd definitely try again if they gave you a credit. It would be worth it if it makes it through shipping!

twoclowns

If you choose to go with another hammer you may want to request that they band it upside down to Styrofoam so the coral doesn't bounce around and damage its tissue and damaged tissue in a small amount of water will cause the coral to die rather quickly. If it got really hot it will die and be like that too.

Slickcg33

If you choose to go with another hammer you may want to request that they band it upside down to Styrofoam so the coral doesn't bounce around and damage its tissue and damaged tissue in a small amount of water will cause the coral to die rather quickly. If it got really hot it will die and be like that too.

Great advice, i will keep that in mind!

Jeremy0322

Ill have to remember that next time I ship corals out, its a great idea.

About the hammer, i would definitely try again! That would have been an awesome piece, and if they are giving you store credit it doesnt make sense not to really.

funkpolice

I could smell those last few pics! Made me twitch a little bit. I would order something with a better shipping success rate and look for the hammer locally. I've seen a few around here over the last yr and a half, but not very many.
bill

mantid

It might just be the photos but it looks like the hammers were already receding before they were shipped to you. The skeleton looks a little dark as if algae got to it. The skeleton should be pure white if this just happen during shipping.