Neighbors think I'm growing POT!!

FishinBob

Well was relaxing this morning and I got a call from my landlord! I live on the second floor condo and I have a 10 gallon in my bedroom(led lighting 20k)
And 90 gallon in the living room(15-20k LEDs) landlord says to me " the condo association thinks your growing pot, they see the light from your bedroom just wanted to let you know they are watching you!" I have read a few threads about this happening on other forums.... Anyone have this happen to them? Oh I'm growing green stuff.... It's called green slimer acropora!!
Notice my bedroom glowing in the back
te4uzy4y.jpg

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Oh, i have 20k leds going on my 65 in my living room. I had a Police officer who i've known for 4 years show up at my door and wanted to know what i was using the grow light for. ROFL...he had a good laugh seeing my Reef tank. Apparently i had been reported for suspicious behavior because of the "Grow light" Showing through my living room windows. He especially got a good kick when i told him at the door(before he saw the tank), that i wasnt groing pot, i was groing mushrooms. That set his radar off. But on seeing it, he bout died laughing. Apparently, im about the only person in my half a horse town, that does Reefing. I have several expressing interest in my help starting one up, but they all freak when i explain how.

FishinBob

Yup I guess now it's just wait for the
Knock on the door! It's crazy I never thought of it... I'm waiting for
Someone to personally come ask
Me so I can show off my tank! Most of my neighbors know I work at a LFS I even helped the guy below me set up a little 30 gallon FO tank! I think its the building behind me because the atenic LEDs come on at 9pm and the whole room is blue!!! From the street it looks crazy so I can understand a little but heck just come talk to me!!

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Oh i know who reported me. In a small town, there are few secrets that stay secret. Whats funny is, the person who reported me is a KNOWN pot grower/smoker. He was mad that he had competition. ROFLMAO I got even with him. I sprayed his 4 pot plants he had growing between his shed and fence with roundup.

Tru2nr

my neighbors asked me what the blue lights were from one joked with the other that asked if they thought i was growing pot...i just said no thats what the basements for...they stopped for a second and i just laughed and told em i was kidding(i was waiting for the next few months for the cops to show up because of that comment though)

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh i know who reported me. In a small town, there are few secrets that stay secret. Whats funny is, the person who reported me is a KNOWN pot grower/smoker. He was mad that he had competition. ROFLMAO I got even with him. I sprayed his 4 pot plants he had growing between his shed and fence with roundup.

Mental note. Don't piss u off. :D:eek:

..........rarely am I speechless

Roots

Any halfway intelligent pot grower takes the necessary steps to avoid light leaks. I mean who is gonna grow in their living room with the lights just blaring in their face all the time. Reef lights are bright but they are nothing compared to 1000 watt grow lights.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Any halfway intelligent pot grower takes the necessary steps to avoid light leaks. I mean who is gonna grow in their living room with the lights just blaring in their face all the time. Reef lights are bright but they are nothing compared to 1000 watt grow lights.

That's a lot of knowledge ya got there. :rolleyes:

..........rarely am I speechless

Roots

I once knew a guy that had 24,000 watts of lighting going at once! It was crazy! You had to wear sunglasses indoors, no joke!

Roots..mr. Rasta..u crack me up

And what a cool landlord if thats all he said.

Shoot... I thought people grew it in a closet so no light leak..lol
Oh that was the 80's my bad