Need help with prized euphylia

ViperDoug

I have an incredible neon yellow and purple hammer that I have had for about six months. It has thrived. Well, last night it started looking closed up with droopy tentacles. I gave it some coral amino from bright well. Nothing else in the tank is struggling. The coral has two mouths and one is very open. The other half does not look bad but one side looks bad. Does anyone have good recommdations on how I may be able to save this coral? The tissue is not dead at this moment. Sorry for no pics I will post some later.
Thank you!
Doug

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I have an incredible neon yellow and purple hammer that I have had for about six months. It has thrived. Well, last night it started looking closed up with droopy tentacles. I gave it some coral amino from bright well. Nothing else in the tank is struggling. The coral has two mouths and one is very open. The other half does not look bad but one side looks bad. Does anyone have good recommdations on how I may be able to save this coral? The tissue is not dead at this moment. Sorry for no pics I will post some later.
Thank you!
Doug
don't make the situation worse by doing anything, leave it alone for a few days, they do pout at times but really they are quite hardy

ReefLady

Staff member
Sorry to hear that.

I agree with Sas, my torch would pout, then poop, then look great again.

Maybe it's constipated??? Tell it to bite its lip and give 'er hell!

FishBro

Don't give it anything, IMO, until you diagnose the problem. What are your water parameters?

Or it could just be constipated! LOL!

ViperDoug

Well, unfortunately half of it is definitely dead. The other have looks normal, just not all the way open. I hope I can be half of it, but these things never end well for me. Not sure how this could have happened so quick. Two days ago it looked great. Has anyone else had this happen with a hammer before, where they die rapidly in say two days?

FishBro

I believe water parameters might be the problem, what are your parameters? Fast deaths are almost always cause by water parameters or carnivorous actions by other creatures in the tank. For this instance, I think its the first one.

ViperDoug

It looks like 1/3 of it bit the dust. The other 2/3 seems to be ok. I hope it stays that way. Coral has (had) two mouths and one is now wide open and that part is dead. I am very hopeful that it will stop there and I can grow it back.

catran

Check your salinity and or make sure your refractometer is correct. My hammer/frogspawn shrivels and starts receding with low salinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk