Nasty Coral Banded shrimp

Warren

Anyone had much experience with these both my blue leg and my red leg hermit crab disappeared with only their shells remaining water parameters are fine and enough empty shells where provided. Never blamed the shrimp before but he does act aggressively to other inhabitants. added an anemone to my tank and watched him grab it with his claws and drag it off the rock removed it from his grasp, stood over the tank and gave him a prod with a cable tie every time he came near it with his claws. He has not learnt to keep away never harmed him just prodded him. Put the anemone in floating breeding tank for now hope its not to stressed.
Pretty sure shrimp will have to go if he attacks every thing i put in.

tnwillia

I've have one in my tank that came with my inital CUC. He's gotten "big" Everyone gets out of his way but he's not gone after anything in my tank in 9months. Their all different, yours has a mind of his own. Good luck!

l3fty999

I've had one, and although it would never go after anything else, it would go after me if I had to have my hands in the rockwork for whatever reason.

Aaron

Warren

lmao that recipe does seem tempting he does seem aggressive to every thing even the cleaner shrimp keeps away from him and he is pretty large thinking i might take him back to the lfs should be easy to catch just put my hand in the tank.

reefjeff

mine is very aggressive as well, towards any tank inhabitants (fishes, anemone, snails) but never killed anything as of yet, that is why i still have it in the tank...
peace
jeff

waucedah_joe

I got rid of my CBS because it was eating my hermit crabs. I suspected him for a while then watched him grab 2 in a row. He pulled them from their shells and proceeded to dismember them.

Warren

Well he has gone back to lfs now and strange but my clowns seem a lot calmer perhaps just me, sad to see him go he definitely had character.