Name that Nem

Edison

No ideas as to what to name our new anemone?? :turntable

Taken with a Nikon 105 mm macro lens at ISO 1000 under actinic and moonlights with a tripod. Color was adjusted by eye and it's very close to what the nem looks like under those lights.

Edison

Thanks Glenn. I've been experimenting with the new lens since it arrived yesterday and finally getting some images worth posting (printing too!)

Going to the LFS to do a shoot this afternoon and hopefully with have some more good images to share.

Dweezil

Nice picture Edison! I've been looking at that Nikon 105 mm as well. Are you happy with it?

Edison

Nice picture Edison! I've been looking at that Nikon 105 mm as well. Are you happy with it?
Tammy~
Most definitely. It's a great macro and telephoto lens. Some very slight softening at F-2.8 but it's gone at F-3.5. Not too big or heavy either, it balances well on my D-700. You could carry it all day and it won't knock you out. Very highly recommended.

Nikon just recently released a 28-300 F-3.5/F-5.6 and it's getting very good reviews. Reviewers are saying it's as sharp as the pro line (like the 2.8s 24-70 & 70-210) but at a much better price point-around a thou.
I will probably rent one for a week or two to see what it can do.

Dweezil

I already have the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm. I like that one a lot. I really need a good dedcated macro lens and I did get a Tamron but I'm not too impressed with it really.

Edison

You can give the lens a test drive inexpensively, just head over to the Lens Pro to Go site and rent one for a week or two & give it a test shoot.

Ive been renting glass from them for the past 4 years and am very happy with everything I have gotten.

Edison

I already have the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm. I like that one a lot. I really need a good dedcated macro lens and I did get a Tamron but I'm not too impressed with it really.

The new 28-300 is Nikon's answer to your lens but for the FX format. I read lots more about it yesterday and I can't fine one bad review anywhere and no lukewarm ones either so it looks like I'll get it.
I had been wanting the 24-70 F-2.8 but for the same amount I can get the 28-300 and the 50 1.8 for use in low light. Since I don't shoot that much low light and the fact that the D700 has phenomenal high ISO quality, I don't think the extra few stops the 24-70 has will be missed.

I've tried quite a few third party lenses over the years and have never been 100% satisfied with them. Nikon makes the best glass for Nikon, Canon makes the best lenses for Canon, etc.