NaH2O's Mini-Beast

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Thanks for the compliments!

LOL, Alberto - I am rather warm - I just finished up a 10 mile bike and 5 mile run. :D

I must have left the mojo brand out of the pictures. It is engraved on the back of the tank ;)

Good luck with your sand removal! Break out the trusty old shop vac....oh, and mask - in case the smell is raunchy. I look forward to seeing progress pics from you when there is a new tank up and running!!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
I forgot to mention that the tank was started with 100% RO/DI water - salinity is 35ppt (refract) via Oceanic salt.

Brucey

Hey Nik. Sorry I joined the thread late babe. Just wanted to say what an AWSOME plumbing job that is. Really gorgeous. Watch the SPS's goooooooooooooooooo .....
Brucey

strat

:winner: :whstlr: :thumber: :snrkl: :clink:

just thought it deserved all that :D

looking absolutely awesome...

strat

Gina

RS STAFF
Did you get those few pieces of rock tied in there yet? Great job on the aquascaping! Glad you had some help with you. Looking forward to watch how things progress!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
I did a little creative work with the zip ties, Gina. I have another piece to go..... I'll cut off the loose ends, clean up the rock a little by blasting it, then the canopy is going on. I'm starting to get some nitrites, and am excited that the cycle is progressing. I did manage to electricute myself on Sunday. That wasn't too fun, but it was my own stupidity. We hooked up the fuge last night, so I'll post pics in a bit.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Pics of me getting electricuted? Imagine my face with a painful look, crying, and a few explitives spouting from my mouth. ;)

Oops, forgot about the fuge pics - I'll take those today!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
LOL - CRAIG!!!

Here is my pod palace. My refugium is only for pods and extra live rock. Water is brought to the 'fuge via a Maxi-jet 600 and is gravity fed back to the sump.

62refugium.jpg

A shot from above - there is another Maxi-jet 600 in the 'fuge for circulation:

62refugium2.jpg

Here is the plumbing to and from the sump:

62refugium1.jpg

62refugium3.jpg

This is my sump with the nasty rock curing water:

62sump1.jpg

This is the electrical - all cords have drip loops, and it looks more crazy than it is. The wires are all labelled, and there is a chart on the stand door showing where everything is plugged.

62sump2.jpg

Last but not least - here is the subpanel that is dedicated to the tank:

62subpanel.jpg