NaH2O's Mini-Beast

dgasmd

A subpanel? That just really told me everything I needed to know. If I may make a small suggestion. You could take a garbage bag empty (the large black type) and cover the entire electrical panel with the plug in. It will prevent splashing and salt creep from the sump to get to the plug ins. You'll be amazed how much does get to it.

ReefLady

Staff member
The subpanel is priceless - we did one too.

Great pics! Ah ... the good old days when everything is clean, neat ... hahahahaha

J?K - looks awesome!

TDEVIL

well, a bout time, looks great Nikki, there is actually water and rock in it, better hurry and start stocking it before you change your mind again, lol

when it is all ready, i will have to come and check it out, if you would let me :)

Jay

TDEVIL

also, did you get the rock figured out

if you cant tie all the rocks you can always 'pin' them
take a piece of plastic/acrylic rod and drill a hole in the rock and in the other rock/s and that will hold them

Jay

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Jay - we'd love to have you come by! I did manage to get the rocks secured using the zip ties. I considered using acrylic dowels, but found it wasn't necessary, as the pieces had lots of natural holes to tie to (except a couple of pieces...grrr). The two islands are really large pieces of rock. I used smaller pieces to fill in, and chiseled some pieces to create the finished look. I absolutely think that using rods of some kind to help with overhangs and things is a great idea. The epoxy really bit the big one.

mnreefman

Originally posted by NaH2O
Jay - I absolutely think that using rods of some kind to help with overhangs and things is a great idea. The epoxy really bit the big one.
build stands using pvc