My Zoos are Taking Off

spanglish

My zoos have really started spreading :whstlr:

IMG_3687_edited-1.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Wow! It won't be long before your zoas take care of that hair algae!:lol: I guess that could be a control, just don't give the HA a place to grow.:D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Awesome looking Zoas there buddy. Very impressive.

Do keep a careful eye on your Hair Algae there. I am fighting that #$%^ right now and as of this morning the HA is wining over against the zoas. A few of them have "elongated" their stalks to try and out compete it for light but some appear to have "given up the ghost" and succumb to the HA. Your tank looks too good to let HA get a strong hold in there.

Allen :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have shown this thread to some of my friends and they say crap like, "So THAT'S what your tank is supposed to look like!" I used to like them!!

Seriously man that is one SWEET tank! Better borrow a Sea Hare to knock out that nasty HAir Algae buddy.... you've got such an inspiring tank no need to risk it.

Allen

spanglish

I have shown this thread to some of my friends and they say crap like, "So THAT'S what your tank is supposed to look like!" I used to like them!!

Seriously man that is one SWEET tank! Better borrow a Sea Hare to knock out that nasty HAir Algae buddy.... you've got such an inspiring tank no need to risk it.

Allen

Thanks for the kind words. I'm mid battle with the HA. It is slowly going
away.

tbittner

:drool: WOW!!! :drool:

I love Zoa's and I can't wait for 10 years to pass and hopefully my tank will look like that. :lol:

goody

Beautiful! I just bought a zoa as my first livestock. Right now I have it at the bottom of the tank, but where do you place yours. I have 260w of PCs. I would love to get to any advice since this is my first saltwater tank.

spanglish

Beautiful! I just bought a zoa as my first livestock. Right now I have it at the bottom of the tank, but where do you place yours. I have 260w of PCs. I would love to get to any advice since this is my first saltwater tank.

The most luck I've had is placing them up high. I've had some success
lower, but best results have been up high, and feed often with
cyclopeze.