My Tiny Ocean - Gur's RSM 250

Gur

Re: My Tiny Ocean - Gur's RSM 250 - Day 55 - Colour Dizzy

Day 55
Yesterday Yellow was the dominate colour and today I added some more colours...
For the first time I got dizzy from looking at My Tiny Ocean and I wanted to share some pictures with you.

The Elegance is growing & growing
Day_55_Elegance_web.jpg

Open Brain looks like a beautiful balloon
Day_55_Brain_web.jpg

New FrogSpawn
Day_55_FrogSpawn_web.jpg

New Chilli Coral
Day_55_Chilli_web.jpg

Colors
Day_55_Color_Corner_web.jpg

Updated General
Day_55_General_web.jpg

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Re: My Tiny Ocean - Gur's RSM 250 - Day 55 - Colour Dizzy

Looks good!

Gur

Re: My Tiny Ocean - Gur's RSM 250 - Another Hitchhiker

Found a new hitchhiker on my Live Rock, hiking all the way from Bali and revealing itself yesterday.
It lives in a tiny hole (2mm), looks like a Zao but moves much faster, it jumps in the hole in a fraction of a second when something is approaching, not like the Zaos I know.
If you look closely you can see a small colony, so maybe it is Zaos but very very quick ones...

It's the green dot in the center of the image -
Day_55_Green_Dot1_web.jpg

And here's a close-up:
Day_55_Green_Dot_CU_web.jpg

I love My Tiny Ocean, there is always something new waiting to be discovered...

Gur

Re: My Tiny Ocean - Gur's RSM 250 - Day 60 - Alarm System

Day 60 - Celebrating two months !

For the occasion I installed an alarm system.
I wanted to order the Apex system but they don't have yet the 220v system, so for now I ordered a system based on a standard GSM alarm system.
The system will text me and 4 other phone numbers an alarm message if one of the 4 failures has occurred:
1. Water level too low.
2. Water level too high.
3. Temperature out of range.
4. Electricity failure.

All sensors installed in the right chamber with my ATO system.
Day_60_Alarm_Float_Sensors_web.jpg

Day_60_Alarm_Float_Sensors2_web.jpg

Float system wireless transmitters:
Day_60_Alarm_Float_Wireless_web.jpg

System Main Device and temperature controller:
Day_60_Alarm_Center_web.jpg

Now I'm a much more relaxed person !

Gur

Oooooo very cool, please do tell me more about the new techno....

Tok

Very cool!

Great addition !

In Israel, is everything 220v? Learn something new here every day :dance:

Tnx my friends,
Yes Glenn, we're on 220V in Israel.
Tok, it is a Boat/Marine DIY system built by a nice guy here in Israel.
Baisically I think anyone with basic technical knowledge can build a system like that.
You will need:
  1. Standard GSM home alarm system device, it already has a power failure alarm in it (Power off & Power On).
    GSM-SMS Alarm
  2. Two float sensors, each one connected to a wireless door sensor - closes a circuit when the water level is too high or too low and when a circuit is closed it sends a signal to the main device through the wireless device.
    Float Sensor
    Wirless Door Sensor
  3. Temperature sensor connected to a temperature controller - closes a circuit when the water is too high or too low and send a signal to the main device.
    Temperature Controller

- When a signal is sent to main device it will text to the 5 phone numbers programmed.
    - The main device has also a 12h backup battery.
    - You can add up to 6 wireless sensors and 4 wired ones.

You can find most of the parts here - GSM Secure

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Yes Glenn, we're on 220V in Israel

Interesting... have to be a bit more careful working with 220, here most everything is 110V, but every home has a few breakers for 220, like for the air conditioning or stove (if it's not gas) or dryer
1043.gif

Gur

Interesting... have to be a bit more careful working with 220, here most everything is 110V, but every home has a few breakers for 220, like for the air conditioning or stove (if it's not gas) or dryer
1043.gif

It’s the current that is dangerous and not the number of volts, meaning that you can work around kilo-volt circuits if the current has been limited to safe levels.
Low voltages carrying high current can be very dangerous and you can even get a nasty injury from a 5V power supply with a short circuit of several amps.
Motors are much more efficient in high voltage (drayer, ac, etc...)

tnwillia

Super monitoring system, If you want the Apex you might be able to run it off a 220/110 inverter, I guess the catch would be finding one large enough to handle the high amp/load (lights/chiller) type stuff. have fun!