my stock limit question

nightfire76

so guys here is what i have in my 55g which will soon have a 29g tank as a sump/fuge....bout 10 of it will be the fuge area and i have a coralife super skimmer 220 which at some point i will upgrade to say maybe the ooctopus 4 which i think is rated for 100g or a bit more....anyways i have right now a mated pair of ocellaris clowns, 1 royal gramma and one firefish and was thinking of a banggai cardinal....i know that would be fine, but here is the kicker, like to add a two spot bristletooth tang or if i cant get a smaller one then a tomini (please no tang police) and a flame angel or a lemonpeel (i know i'd do that at the risk of my corals)....anyways how do ya guys think adding those 3 fish would do to my bioload......as of right now i only feed maybe 2 to 3 times a week.....all advice welcome, thanks :D

DaveK

In addition to the banggai cardinal I would add either the tank or the angel. Going to a much higher stocking level is looking for trouble. Remember that you have to work with the adult size of the fish.

Keep in mind that there are people that far exceed what are considered normal stocking limits. A very few can do this because they have many years of experience, and a lot of good equipment to back it up. I'd say that the people that can overstock this way represent lass than 1% of reef keepers. The rest end up with major problems, and a lot of very dead livestock.

DaveK

Well, you can always set up a second, larger tank.

I'd choose the dwarf angel. Long term, almost any tang will outgrow a 55.

PIMPALA

get the flame angel, and the cardinal... call it a day. I love my flame angel! had a pair of cardinals, but neither of them made it more than a week in my tank for some reason. :(