My Sons New Toy

BLAKEJOHN

Just pick this up today for my 4yr old son. I think he's gonna have a blast!!

1.jpg

funkpolice

oops, I just looked at the pic again, 110cc. That's sweet. Make sure you get him all suited up. Helmet, jacket, gloves. A coworker's 6 yr son rolled a 4 wheeler a couple weeks ago, he was fine, but it was close. Post some action shots.
bill

Just dont forget, 4 wheelers are kinda like reefing, start out small, bigger is better, expensive..... My tiny 11 yr old son (shh, he'd kill me if he saw that) is now driving a 300.

Jeremy0322

haha, i never started out small actually. The first 4 wheeler I ever drove was a 550, HUGE honda foreman, loved that thing.

CATALYST

We have a Morbidelli for my daughter and she's 4. It's her favorite color...red, and we painted her name on it. We won't let her ride it till she can touch the ground and ride with her training wheels off her bike.

BLAKEJOHN

he can stop it and turn it ok. But the throttle is a bit of an issue at the moment. For him its full throttle, and even with the limiter adjusted down to the minimum it still pulls me around the yard behind him

yungreefer2410

ahh 4-wheelers. a memory of times past now lol. just about every weekend we would go mud-riding nothing smaller then 500 drenched head to toe in mud. so much fun!!

Jeremy0322

Isnt there a way to adjust the throttle regulator so you can have some better control over how fast he can go. I am a huge fan of these things, but they are dangerous if not handled properly, my mom got hurt really bad a few years back on one. Just throwing some suggestions out there, and im sure hes having a blast with it :thumbup:

BLAKEJOHN

The centrifical clutch is the issue here. It takes X amount of power and RPM to engage the clutch. Onece clutch is engaged now that power is used to move the unit.

Jeremy0322

you can adjust them all i think, but ones with governors are a lot easier

I never learned if they all could be adjusted, i just knew how to disable them..lol. Anything with wheels I must know how fast it can actually go, its a really really bad habit..lol :redcar: I had a 500cc Honda Foreman doing 70 just cause it could :lol:

BLAKEJOHN

Dont know if it has a governer. It has a throttle limiter. But again even if It has a govrner and I adjusted it down there is stll the clutch that needs X amout of rpm to engage..

BLAKEJOHN

I kno I know HE dosent have his helmet on, Bad, bad daddy. I decided to let him go a little faster.......and then he turned.....

FLIP1.jpg

I dont have a picture for you, But here is how it went. I have to run behind him holding the bar on the back so he dont go to fast. Well he was crusin up the yard and I was telling him to stop. He responds a little slow (he has to think and look for the brake still). Well he stopped, a little hard too and daddy went over the top of him.

Here is a pic of before and after....

flip2.jpg

flip3.jpg

AWE... sissy wants to ride too....

flip4.jpg

OK sissy lets go...

flip5.jpg