My Mixed Reef Aquarium - Updated Pics

map95003

Ah..wives...that's why I prefer girlfriends...if they don't like the addiction you simply get another one...happily unmarried..hahahaa..

LOL. If it wasn't for my wife and kid I would have probably killed myself on a R1 by now. Now I just watch them go by and reflect on the old days. lol

carlo

Incredible tank! I personally love lps tanks.. I'm currently starting up my tank now.. Hopefully it'll look as great as yours eventually. Congrats!

JulesVane

I must say (besides your tank is outstanding), that I would of never guessed in a hundred years that you could get those GREAT results out of T5 lighting over metal halides. VERY impressive to say the least!

map95003

Your tank looks awesome!!
Thanks

Incredible tank! I personally love lps tanks.. I'm currently starting up my tank now.. Hopefully it'll look as great as yours eventually. Congrats!
Thanks, I like mixed reefs. Nothing against all SPS, but I like movement in the tank. Good luck with the new tank.

I must say (besides your tank is outstanding), that I would of never guessed in a hundred years that you could get those GREAT results out of T5 lighting over metal halides. VERY impressive to say the least!
Thanks, took me a while to give T5s a shot....I'll never go back to MH, T5s are much brighter, longer bulb life, cheaper electric bill and a wide range of bulbs to choose from to create whatever look you like. The only thing I miss is the shimmer and I'm working on building a LED/T5 combo setup that would bring back the shimmer.

great colors! very unique.
Thank you

map95003

This guy puts on quite a show in the tank, been trying to get a good pic but he's way too fast...

DSC_0801.jpg

Jetbkk

Nice shot of the Sixline.. i still haven't been fast enough to catch a shot of mine! It has become a mission of mine now ;-)

Beautiful tank..

map95003

Nice shot of the Sixline.. i still haven't been fast enough to catch a shot of mine! It has become a mission of mine now ;-)

Beautiful tank..

I hear you, these guys are very fast. I've been trying for a long time, I think he knows because he actually poses for a split second right in front of the camera but my finger/remote is not fast enough. lol.

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Frankie

map95003

I was looking for a compact camera to carry around when my DSLR is not practical. Came across the Kodak SLICE, for the features and price I figure I'd give it a shot....other than short battery life, I have to say...not bad. I've been playing around with the HD video, here's a clip...I recorded it at 720p, not sure what happen when I uploaded it to youtube...check it out in 480p if possible..

YouTube - My Mixed Reef Aquarium

WVUReefer

Do you use t5s..if so what is your color scheme..I wanted a more violet look to my water soo I tried 4 blue +..1 blue special..and one ATI purple..but it seems the blue special still drowns out the tank with 1 bulb...any info would be greatly appreciated..I have thought to go 4 or 5 blue and 1 or 2 purplr but am afraid it would not be enough par for my sps...

map95003

Do you use t5s..if so what is your color scheme..I wanted a more violet look to my water soo I tried 4 blue +..1 blue special..and one ATI purple..but it seems the blue special still drowns out the tank with 1 bulb...any info would be greatly appreciated..I have thought to go 4 or 5 blue and 1 or 2 purplr but am afraid it would not be enough par for my sps...

I've been using 6x54W T5HO on this tank for over 2 yrs now. Initially I was running MH because I had the lighting from a previous tank. I switched from MH to T5s because of heat issues, higher electric bill, short bulb life, etc. I like T5s because with the wide variety of bulbs on the market, you could achieve pretty much any color you're looking for....here's my current bulb combo from front to back...

1) ATI Blue+
2) KZ Fiji Purple (this bulb makes a hugh difference in the colors)
3) UVL Super Actinic (off while taking pics)
4) ATI Blue+ (off while taking pics)
5) ATI Aquablue
6) ATI Blue+