My first clam

MojosReef

Here is a pic of my first clam; Its a Maxima. I bought it from a new LFS in the area that so far is a real nice store with very knowledgable staff. The girl that runs the store used to work for a marine biologist and really know her stuff. Any way I bought the clam with money I made from Frags I sold from my tank. Here is is.

Brucey

Mojo ..... nice clam buddy. Hope you haven't got any angels / butterfles / triggers. I bought a gorgeous little maxima about 6 weeks ago and my two angels hounded it to death .... shame, as I've always wanted one and now I guess I can't
Brucey

Gina

RS STAFF
Very nice! Good colors! Good to have found a LFS with knowledgable people! Congrats on your new critter!

addict

Very nice! :clink:

Isn't it great when the tank becomes self-supporting... :D

I've been trading in BTA's for store credit lately... nice to not have to pull out the wallet so often. :)

MojosReef

Thanks for all the comments. I really like the clam alot. Its only about 2" long but seems to be doing great. The new LFS is only 10mins away verses the previous 45min that now is under new mangment and just isnt the same anymore. I did a little thining out this weekend. Sat was like Grand Central Station at my house. Got rid of a lot of frags and some larger corals that needed to go. Thanks again for all the nice comments.

MojosReef

He already had a small rock attatched to it. He as move around in the sand a little. Its not where I placed it originally.

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Jeff! Do you plan to target feed the little one?

Hey Brucey you are correct about triggers, butterfies, angels as far as bothering clams to the point of killing it.

I have a copperband butterfly who does not bother my clam so i feel lucky so far. Maybe it because I feed "mush" which has alot of clam in it so he has no taste for my live one.:)