my clam has preditory snails on it?

hey guys,
I just was reading on this site about tridacnia clams and i see it talking about these preditory snails and there alllllll over my clams bottom.I dont know what to do should i brush it off in a separate bucket i dont know what to do? have you guys ever experienced this and what you did to fix this.(sorry about spelling and grammar)
thanx in advance

reefer gladness

assuming they are pyramidellid snails you'll want to carefully remove the clam from the tank and scrape them off with a toothbrush in a separate container. Keep at it every few days until you don't see any more and then keep checking. I think the life cycle is around 120 days.

yep those are them. so like i have this plastic container and if i put him in there and use a tooth brush to scrub him all over and then put him back in the tank. he should be fine and i should make sure he docent get any air right. and what if he dose?

reefer gladness

maxima clams are often collected from shallow waters and may be exposed to air from tidal action. Short term exposure won't hurt but you want to avoid any bubbles getting trapped inside.

Tilt the clam on it's side when putting it back in the DT and rotate in all directions to release any bubbles. I would also take normal acclimation precautions and float the container in your DT for 10-15 minutes to avoid temperature shock.