My 6 gallon Fluval Edge build

aphawkins

Glad I found this build! It was a great read. It looks beautiful. Now you need a frag tank so you can propagate, keep buying corals and switch them in and out whenever haha.

Lol yeah that's actually my next step. Just deciding what lights to get for the frag tank. I've been looking at 20 longs but have a 10 gallon that I thought might work pretty well too. Going to need to make a decision quick though...coral in this one is growing fast! Thanks for the compliment as well. It's appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phan

Your tank is really nice, I'm in the process of setting mine up on the Fluval Egde 6 gallon also. Quick question, how long does it take before the water clears up, and do you use any skimmer?

aphawkins

Your tank is really nice, I'm in the process of setting mine up on the Fluval Egde 6 gallon also. Quick question, how long does it take before the water clears up, and do you use any skimmer?

Sorry for the month long response haven't been on here. No skimmer at all. Took mine overnight to clear all up. If you run into questions just let me know and I'll try to help how I can :)

aphawkins

5a8eqy4y.jpg

yby2y7yj.jpg

mu7eguqy.jpg

aphawkins

Ended up with a Kessil A150W. Just hung over the top with the top of the Edge cut out. Works good...grows anything.

laapsaap

Looks very cool! Was thinking about the same a few month ago, but went for something bigger. Nice lighting More pics please ;)

aphawkins

Well there is good and bad news...bad news is...the 6g just got all filled up. It has now been moved to the mancave where it has two damsels and some fake plants my wife wanted. However it's been replaced by this....

aphawkins

usedu6ys.jpg

are2aquq.jpg

unage7y2.jpg

emumupys.jpg

uvyny5es.jpg

So still the same reef...just more...water, sand, coral, lighting...all that moved over plus added way more coral and some more rock...another powerhead...two hob filters for flow and media...bigger heater.

So good news...moved up and not going bigger found the perfect medium. :)

aphawkins

Fluval Edge is a tropical tank, right?

If so, I am wondering how have you adapted it?

Yep set up usually as a freshwater/tropical. All I did was added a powerhead for movement. Removed all the media and went with chemi pure elite. And upgraded the light to a Kessil 150w in ocean blue.

However I broke that tank down and went bigger...lol guy that bought it is going to put zoas and an angler. :)

ad1512d5b30d56600b21c6350980f0ba.jpg

This is the new 20g

55g to a 120g down to a 55g down to a 6g back up to a 20g high mixed reef...I'm done...I think... :)