My 29g finally is becoming a REEF!

TomV

I just went to Reeflady's house yesterday and purchased a bunch of stuff from her while her husband made an amazing canopy for me. This was like Xmas in June!!

There are all sorts of polyps all over the rock I got from her! :D :D

I am so completely happy with this tank as it is now quite a joy to look at! Even the fish seem happier now the tank looks more like their natural environment somewhat!!

So, without further ado, here are the pics!

(NOTE: I will be getting a nice digital camera from my next paycheck and I will take MUCH better shots of the both tanks then... Until that time, please bear with the quality of these webcam shots! :rolleyes: )

TomV

Gahh... Yeah, I know that full tank shot is bad quality.. I will see what I can do about getting a better shot....

The next photo:

Some Button Polyps.. :D

TomV

The new Colt Coral... notice a theme with my tanks?? :D

Also, look who just HAS to get his nose in the middle of everything I do! It's MORTIMER the Pygmy Angel! ;)

TomV

And here's an orange Ric nearly fully extended. This Ric has a bunch of babies underneath it.. I love Ricordea!!!

TomV

Sheesh Sarah!! You got me before I finished posting! :D LOL!

Well, here's the last pic for now: Orange and Green Polyps! They flouresce VERY nicely under the light combination I have!

And as an update, ALL the mushrooms on the rocks are expanded and looking VERY healthy! I am so COMPLETELY psyched about how this tank is looking now!

When I get a chance, I will get a pic posted of the new Canopy that Reeflady's husband built for me!

Thanks for Viewing!!!

ReefLady

Staff member
Here's our "just finished" pic of the canopy. Can't wait to see what it looks like on your tank!!!

Maxx

Very cool Tom! Cant wait to see the pics when you get the new camera either. That way we get to see all the lil details of the tank.
Nick

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Dang! Thats a nice canopy! You got some great corals too! Can't wait to see the pics with the new cam too.

TomV

Well, just got back from my daughter's recital and took some more pics as more stuff expanded and opened.

First off, here's a shroom on one of the rocks. It doesn't look it from the pic, but this shroom is 2 inches across!

TomV

Next up is one of the larger dusters which is an inch across. There is a shroom to the left that is posing as a psychadelic doughnut!

TomV

Here are those brilliantly coloured orange and green polyps. These are really taking a liking to the tank in a BIG way!

TomV

Here's the pain-in-the-butt (but I love him!) Royal Gramma next to his newly claimed Colt! It's HIS now!

TomV

Lastly, we have the Ricordea again. This time it is fully (I think!) opened and has coloured brilliantly!! :D :D :D

TomV

And many thanks to Teri and Don!!

Teri and Don,

I could not have made this tank a tenth as beautiful as it is now without the two of you! You two are such great people and I am certainly very lucky to have great friends like you! All these colors are the product of your generosity(sp) and you both are a credit to reefkeeping in my book.

I hope this doesn't sound too over the top, but I am just so completely grateful for your help and completely euphoric over how this tank looks now! You've made my century! :D :D

And thank you to all who post on this thread, and have posted, with your kind comments! I feel lucky to be counted amongst you all as a fellow reefer! :D :D :D :D