my 24G Aquapod

Ratherbereefin

hello everyone, well my aquapod has been sitting dry for sometime now, i really would love to get the tank going again. any1 have any ideas about modding or upgrades for a 24G pod filtration, i had some ideas about making chambers in the back for a skimmer, R/o unit,

Thx

Jeremy0322

First off welcome to RS. What you will find here is we have an AWESOME group of guys and gals that run some awesome nanos, you find your way over to that section and start asking questions and I am sure they will get you on the right track.

Whatever

hello everyone, well my aquapod has been sitting dry for sometime now, i really would love to get the tank going again. any1 have any ideas about modding or upgrades for a 24G pod filtration, i had some ideas about making chambers in the back for a skimmer, R/o unit,

Thx

Go skimerless... I depend heavily on macro algae for nutrient export.

The ballasts on the AP24 are the 40 watt ballasts. I ordered 2x40 watt PC bulbs and relocated the sockets to fit within the plastic splash guard. I bought a 36 watt PC retro and also added that. My AP24 had a single fan, I upgraded to dual, just need to splice the wires, look at it very easy (1 red wire, 1 black wire). I ordered the Rio 8HF pump to upgrade the existing pump. Replaced the output nozzle with a Hydor rotating nozzle and added a locline output (May I suggest the 5 or 6 HF, half as many watts to operate = less heat).

Current MOD:
Got rid of the moonlights, although I am adding 6 LEDs to the first chamber for better macro growth and less heat. Currently depending on light sneaking into the chamber.

Ratherbereefin

thx alot for the replys, im actually in the process of adding a 3rd 32w ballast, and have bulb setup like this:

10000k/6700k dual
460nm/420nm dual actinic
10000k/6700k dual

i plan on keeping the stock moonlights, and placing them between the lights, gonna replace with led strips eventually

as for the pump im thinking about drilling the wall, and adding a high flow pump split the outbound and have 2 sources of flow, plus a hydor nano,

hopefully im gonna be getting a camera soon i can post i can keep the post updated

CATALYST

I modded my hood but wanted more. I like my set up now. I put the sapphire hob fuge with skimmer, 150 mh light, and a chiller...Perfect. I use a mj1200 for the chiller and mj900 for the tank....the chiller return is into the tank. I run my carbon and whatnot from the fuge. The heater is in the chambers.

The ballasts on the AP24 are the 40 watt ballasts. I ordered 2x40 watt PC bulbs and relocated the sockets to fit within the plastic splash guard. I bought a 36 watt PC retro and also added that. My AP24 had a single fan, I upgraded to dual, just need to splice the wires, look at it very easy (1 red wire, 1 black wire). I ordered the Rio 8HF pump to upgrade the existing pump. Replaced the output nozzle with a Hydor rotating nozzle and added a locline output (May I suggest the 5 or 6 HF, half as many watts to operate = less heat).

Does that roating nozzle make a big difference? Thinking about adding 1 to my AP24?