My 1st Father's Day Gift

crespeto

Sorry I missed out on it bro, should have had you bring it over Nicks for the get together this weekend. Was great to get to see you guys. Scary how big Vincent and Dominic are getting :). Chrissy wants an Armageddon at some point, course then she wants everything to quadruple in size over night, too so don't always get what you want.

nstiesi

How are the purple deaths doing? I havent seen them since I brought them to you. My PPE's havent been too happy the past few days.....

astiesi

Purple Deaths are doing alright, no noticeable growth but they seem to open everyday. They are still very small. Any luck finding the Armageddon polyp that blew away?

astiesi

Soon enough! I got in all the materials for my mandarin diner so this weekend I'll spend some time building. Had to get 6 foot pieces of just about everything so I should have enough materials for a few, should it work out nicely.

I also brought home two new frags, an orange/red digi and a green acro. I broke the digi into quite a few pieces attempting to cut the frag plug, so that bummed me out a bunch. Hasn't looked quite right since. I also lost another Armageddon polyp, so out of the 5 polyps that I fragged I only have 2 that have survived, which is depressing as well.

crespeto

I'm sorry to hear about the coral mishaps bro that is a bummer. Were the pieces of digi big enough to try and save you did you just beat the poor thing and loose a bunch of smaller peices. Also sorry about the armageddon, they are very cool, hope the last 2 stay strong and fill in again. Hope to get to see the tank this weekend but guess we will see how things go. :)

astiesi

So I know I'm due for some pictures but finding the time to take pictures before lights out at night has been hard. But I do have a few interesting events to at least mention. First, the acrylic mandarin feeder has worked out really nicely. He spends time in it after every feeding. He is also getting so used to prepared foods that I now see him grabbing mysis out of the water column during feeding time, before retreating to the feeder. It has been very cool.

Second, my clowns have spawned. Not planning on attempting to raise the fry but its very cool seeing the eggs, with the male spending most of his time pushing a current over the top of them. From all I've learned and read only happy and healthy fish seem to spawn, so I must be doing something right.

Otherwise, its been business as usual. I broke off a small piece of the green Digi accidentally while cleaning, which is depressing, however it's beginning to grow rather quickly so I still think its bigger than when I put it in the tank. The broken red/orange Digi is hanging in there but still looks pretty pathetic. Everything else seems to be doing pretty well.

crespeto

happy that things are going okay, spawning fishies is fun too. sounds like you need to tweak your lighting back an hour, wife doesn't really need lights on as much during the day, but you should get more time at night :)

angelina

Has been struck by the ban stick
The Only Person in the world who never hurt us is our Father,obeying his words is the gift i given to him.. Happy Father's Day....