My 120 gallon downgrade

PIMPALA

This is where I plan to chronicle my new 120 gallon reef.

Specs and equipment list so far:

48x24x24, 120 gallon tank
45 gallon custom acrylic sump
ASM GX3 skimmer
Jetstream calcium reactor
GFO Reactor
Carbon Reactor
Pair of MP40
Mag 18 return
pair of coralvue true lumen reflectors, and 250w ballasts.
Radium 20k bulbs
VHO Actenics
Royal blue LED Supplement
LED Moon lights
100lbs of BRS Reef saver dry rock
A few pieces of live rock from my existing system
Seaflor special aragonite dry sand

Lots of frags.

I'm starting everything in this tank as a frag. The plan, is to start with nothing, and capture all growth on camera, weekly or monthly (depending on growth) then make a time lapse video after a year or so.

Oh, and the stand is a custom piece built by a friend of mine. Found all the right accents, and it's now all put together, just need to put a few more coats on it and let it cure.

185216b2.jpg

Stand has one big door that comes completely off, and is held on by magnets. There is also one on the end to match for ease of working under the stand.

922868d9.jpg

The canopy is 3 sided. Lights are to be suspended from an "arm" attached to the rear of the stand made from 2x4s. That way the canopy comes completely off (it weighs about 40lbs) and the lights stay in place, so if I need to work in the tank, there is plenty of room. The piece you see on the back side in the pic, is just a fish jump guard that will mount on the light arm.

2e875e1e.jpg

The canopy also has a nice removable panel for feeding and light maintenance.

206046b7.jpg

Here are the lights. They are 20" in diameter, so I'm obviously only able to use 2 of them:

af9c5fb3.jpg

More pics as stuff gets done and put together!!

jpsika08

+1 Really nice work, congrats Jason :)

BTW, those lamps indeed look like they can pull the job very well; really nice.

PIMPALA

well, its all in place. no plumbing or anything yet, but its on the floor, and set where its going to stay!!

150757_10150699215448994_510833993_9410722_85239647_n.jpg

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
PIMPALA said:
well, its all in place. no plumbing or anything yet, but its on the floor, and set where its going to stay!!

Very nice! Congrats!

...."Fish" Happens!....

PIMPALA

yea, been cycling for almost a month now. water is stable, but just waiting a bit longer before i start to slowly add livestock. its still completely bare other than rocks, sand, and water.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Jason, super job so far. Awsome looking stand and I can't wait to see how this all falls into place. Congrats sir!
So getter movin and keep us unformed...:)

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Bearjohnson said:
Jason, super job so far. Awsome looking stand and I can't wait to see how this all falls into place. Congrats sir!
So getter movin and keep us unformed...:)

+1

...."Fish" Happens!....