Moving tank downstairs

OcellarisClowns

Hello reefsanctuary, hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted anything in awhile but I need some advice on moving my 37g reef aquarium from upstairs to downstairs. I know its not far to move but I was wondering what the best method for transporting my livestock since I have to drain the tank. Right now I have a big maroon clown, two cleaner shrimp, lawnmower blenny, anthias, BTA, bubble coral, toadstool coral and frogspawn. I have two big rubbermaid containers I was thinking of using. Im not so much worried about the corals, (I think they will do fine) but I am worried about the fishes and shrimp. What would be the least stressful way to move them? Again they are only moving from upstairs to downstairs but I would appreciate everyones advice. Thanks again.

McTeague

I like to use coolers instead of buckets for fish, I think the cooler has better thermal stability and a good cooler when you close the lid the water does not slosh out when you are carrying it. Be sure and leave the lid open at all other times however.

just use a 5 gallon bucket to put your fish and shrimp in. i replaced sand and put all livestock and liverock in overnite and they were all fine.