Moving my 90g

robpam

I'm moving my 90g tank this weekend (putting in hardwood floors) Any thoughts or concerns or suggestions.

My plan is too mix up 50g of fresh SW and have 3-4 containers to put my LR in one, Corals in another.........picking up a couple of heaters today, and have PC lighting in the garage I can bring in to put over the containers, don't think this is necessary but thinking about using if I have to take more time than I plan.

I'll be adding the water from the tank into these containers also. Plan is to leave everything in the containers overnight while the canister filters (5 each all rated at 75g or better) are running to help clear the water from all the crap that will be thrown around from the substrate being disturbed.

I've always used canister filtration on my tanks but since I'm moving it this weekend I'm also adding a sump/refug in the next week or so once everything has calmed down, (just to see if there's a big difference) it's already built and in the spare room for now.

This tank has been set up for 5 years, so there is plenty of gunk in the substrate.

Any other thoughts, this will be a good test as I'll moving in 18 months 75 miles aways.

robpam

2010-09-09192408.jpg

robpam

Above is not a great picture but best I could do with my phone, and first time I've been able to post a picture on this site

robpam

2010-09-25193842.jpg
[/IMG]

Well it was moved with no casualties, have much more insight now. These again are not great photos and many of my corals are placed on the sides and in back for a deeper look when in person, not to mention gives me more room for additional corals.

Biggest issue was not being able to remove anemone from tank, but as you can see he's still large (17" or so) and happy.

Just to be a little jerk (as I was disappointed ) thanks for all the helpful ideas