Mounting EcoTech Radion with VESA LCD TV mount

cah73

Hi everyone,
I have a 24"x24"x24" cube tank and I am planning on purchasing a Ecotech Radion LED unit within the next few days. I am here to discuss an alternative mount for the EcoTech Radion LED fixtures. Ive seen many people trying to avoid the ceiling cable mount. I know there is an option from Reef KOI, but there is another option that I have seen and wanted to see if anyone has went this route before I spend the money on the LEDs and find out I cant mount them.

I saw BigKahuna do this on ReefCentral: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2120959&highlight=vesa+radion+mount

Im thinking of doing something similar, but looking to mount mine against the wall since the tank is drilled, and my overflow tubing runs down the center of my tank. Anyone seen something similar? or used the Vesa LCD TV mount with the radion?

cah73

also with the option of a TIR lens, would it be necessary to purchase it with my tank size? I think the stock lens is meant for a 24" depth, but please correct me if I am wrong!

Choff

I have a single Radion that I am going to wall mount above my 40G breeder Frag tank. I did not want to use hanging wires.

My FT is not online at the moment and not sure how quickly I will install this since I just had major knee surgery that's had me on the shelf for the last 2 weeks. I'm probably a month out before setting this up. If you look for the RC thread I mentioned I am doing it exactly like that guy.

...stupid auto correct

Off topic for a sec... Can someone post the forum linking info? I read through the RS TOS and other FAQs and can't locate the specific language. Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
It's a bit of a grey area, try placing a link on RC to RS, you get warned & banned - RS is open to any links that help RS members that ask questions & the link helps them, if they don't have a financial interest (unless they are sponsors), but we have always discouraged links in general to competing reefing forums.

at one time in the fairly recent past there were a lot of post & pm's recruiting members to another reefing forum, it ended with Travis having to ban the abusing members.

In this case, the original poster was just trying to share something he found that he though would help others mount lights, best imo, would be to re-post the pics here & content, without linking to another reefing forum, but it's not been a hard fast rule, just one the mods have always discouraged with discretion, this is my understanding.

Hope this helps & thanks for understanding. No big deal... that is why I didn't edit out the link when I saw it or PM the OP.

I would post the pic here... but that other reefing forum does not allow others to use pics they host

All the mods on RS try to be as helpful as they can & not be heavy handed at all, this helps keep RS the best reefing forum on the net.

Thanks Nano! Thats kind of what I was thinking. I prefer moderators to moderate the unhelpful link stuff so the community can remain open.

I'm pretty sure RC and many others are a "for profit" entity so yeah... they don't want the outside stuff going on.

cah73

It's a bit of a grey area, try placing a link on RC to RS, you get warned & banned - RS is open to any links that help RS members that ask questions & the link helps them, if they don't have a financial interest (unless they are sponsors), but we have always discouraged links in general to competing reefing forums.

at one time in the fairly recent past there were a lot of post & pm's recruiting members to another reefing forum, it ended with Travis having to ban the abusing members.

In this case, the original poster was just trying to share something he found that he though would help others mount lights, best imo, would be to re-post the pics here & content, without linking to another reefing forum, but it's not been a hard fast rule, just one the mods have always discouraged with discretion, this is my understanding.

Hope this helps & thanks for understanding. No big deal... that is why I didn't edit out the link when I saw it or PM the OP.

I would post the pic here... but that other reefing forum does not allow others to use pics they host

All the mods on RS try to be as helpful as they can & not be heavy handed at all, this helps keep RS the best reefing forum on the net.

Thanks for clearing that up. I tried just to post the pictures at first, but like NANO said, I couldnt make that happen, so this was the end result. In the end, I will always end up comin to RS and share the info! I love it here:crowd::pBJ:

Wolffman64

Glenn, I like the attitude and approach to this :hug1: A helpful link is great, and who would like to leave this fantastic site anyway :winner:

Go RS!!!

Choff

Agreed Wolf. Its not like we don't know those sites are out there. We are here for a reason. I cruise 3 other boards, but this is home and always my first stop.

...stupid auto correct