Mixing Angels and dwarf angels

SJS

I'm slowly stocking my 300 gallon, in researching different fish, many resources say to have only one angel and one dwarf angel per tank. I would really like several angels and several dwarf angels. I have read articles showing multiple angels (and tangs) in a reef community. The possible dangers to any corals aside - Does anyone have first hand experience mixing several angels and dwarf angels in a large tank??

reefmasta

i do!! as long as the angles are not like same size (big one and small one) and alot of hiding room and lota of rock and also dont get the same angel lol they will fight. you got a 300G you got some room to play =) and when introducing new fish turn lights off for couple hours or best time is at night. so the approach is more laid back and their not so protective over their home. and ALSO if you wanna be REALY sure. mess with their territorys so it wont be offended if it comes in its place because it has to make new territory.

lcstorc

It can be done but with caution. Having a large tank like that definitely improves your chances.
I forget how many but I know Witfull has several angels in his 210 and has no problem with them.
I would only ever try it in a large tank so everybody can have their own territory.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
In a 300 gal tank I don't see a problem but if at all possible add the Dwarfs simultaneously. Also don't forget the rule: always add the smallest least aggressive fish first even in such a large tank as yours.

SJS

Thanks for the replies. Currently there is one dwarf Coral Beauty in there. He seems pretty laid back. I have a regal angel in QT but due to parasites and not eating I'm not hopeful for him being added to the DT.
I will get a couple dwarfs to QT together - then add at the same time.
Thank you all for the input!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Currently there is one dwarf Coral Beauty in there. He seems pretty laid back

The CB is usually mild mannered but the Bicolor, Flame, Potters, Lemonpeel among others can become quite aggressive with conspecifics once established.